123d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

123d

saw the new 1 series coupe with the 204hp 2L diesel in it at the dealer yesterday!! It is by far my favorite recent BMW offering as of lates, a true 2000 era e30 sized car. Definitely getting one in a few years.

BMW has unveiled the new generation of four-cylinder diesel engines in the 1-Series. With a capacity of 2.o liters the new four-cylinder diesel engine has a maximum output of 204 hp and a peak torque of 295 lbs-ft. The 123d makes the 0 to 60 mph sprint in just 6.7 seconds. It has an average consumption of 5.2 liters per 100 kilometers and the CO2 level is 138 g per kilometer. This makes the 123d the first large-series vehicle over 200 bhp whose CO2 output is below the 140 g level.
    FYI: that is 45 mpg

design elements: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaUZ...eature=related

last note: a diesel that breaks the 100hp/1L barrier is AMAZING to me
    Last edited by Julien; 11-20-2007, 11:57 AM.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Cool.

Still, as always, 24v DOHC + E30 = mine :)
    :mrgreen:

Like game music? >clicky<

Comment

I'd gladly pay the $35.6k I'm expecting to spend on a 135i for a 123d instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ablice View Post
        Cool.

Still, as always, 24v DOHC + E30 = mine :)
        you are useless. eat a multivalved penis. heh
        Last edited by Julien; 11-20-2007, 11:46 AM.
        Build Threads:
        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
          I'd gladly pay the $35.6k I'm expecting to spend on a 135i for a 123d instead.
          I wish they'd bring the 335d here. It's a monster, and returns 40 mpg.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Cette voiture est laide. D&#233;sol&#233;.

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I think they look way too small! after you have seen it for a day or 2, it looks crappier and crappier. We have had one at my work for a few weeks now, its blue with the M tech kit on it. This Sat. is the big releasing of it. and 1 series are a joke anyway. The quaility of them SUX, and the suspension is garbage- they ALL eat up front tires like crazy. NO WAY you would get me to buy one, anfter working on them everyday.

Comment

weird that you say that, 1 series has only received positive remarks (except the 2004 version which had e36 quality interior)... what's up with the front suspension?
                Build Threads:

Comment

the u.s. needs some D powered BMW's asap
                  E30 325.is
                  E38 740.i
                  E46 ///M3
                  SN95 351GT
                  Triumph Daytona

Comment

You're gay! As usual.

Originally posted by redbull 325is View Post
                    saw the new 1 series coupe with the 204hp 2L diesel in it at the dealer yesterday!! It is by far my favorite recent BMW offering as of lates, a true 2000 era e30 sized car. Definitely getting one in a few years.

FYI: that is 45 mpg

design elements: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaUZ...eature=related

last note: a diesel that breaks the 100hp/1L barrier is AMAZING to me

Comment

Schweet!!!!!!
                      Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

204hp and 295lbs AND 45MGP?!?

thats cool....

Comment

Originally posted by Bruse Wayne View Post
                          the u.s. needs some D powered BMW's asap
                          Yeah, I drove a dozen different BMW's last time I was in Europe, and the diesels were by far my favorite. E39 525d, E46 330d ZHP, E36 320d touring, E34 525tds touring. The gas powered ones have less torque and burn a lot more of the much more expensive gasoline.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

US needs to get it together with the diesel thing. The technology is so much better than anything that gas can produce currently. That 123d makes as much torque as the 135i, but at lower revs while producing twice the fuel economy and about 50&#37; less CO2. I can't wait for the Euro diesels to finally get here!!

Comment

Didnt know much about the 1 series diesel, Im liking what I see.
                              Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                              X