E30 to E34- Who else has done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 to E34- Who else has done this?

So a few weeks ago I hit a patch of ice going up a local canyon. I was doing about 35mph and wasn't expecting any ice since there was no snow. Well low and behold I found myself sliding towards a tree.

Tree-1
    My beautiful E30- 0

The car was totaled and I needed a car fast. I couldn't find an E30 close so I got a good deal on a 91 535i 5 speed. Two owners with complete records for the life of the car.

To sum it all up I am not really getting anywhere near the pleasure I did with the E30. The E34 is completely stock and I am wondering if it is worth putting the money into a new suspension and some other mods. The 535i feels like a boat compared to the E30(H&R springs, Bilstein Sports). Has anyone else made this move? How does a new suspension help the handling on this car? Anyone else make the move and love it?

ouch. sorry man.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I forgot I uploaded the picture to here. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Ouch! the e34 is a really good car. I would fix it up, but thats just me. It will never be like ur e30 but its still a great car and looks nice when done right. GL man.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the 318 .

I'm also an E34 lover and have and do currently own several .

The E34 is like the e30's bigger brother , sure you can mod them out nicely but it will never be as nimble as an E30 .
          Just have fun with it and do what you want .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident

I'm surprised the airbag went off at that angle of impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
              Sorry to hear about the accident

I'm surprised the airbag went off at that angle of impact.
              That's the first thing I thought. I had an accident head on and my airbag failed to go off.
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

I was suprised it went off also. I didn't even touch it though since my head was busy going through the driver side window.

Comment

it is newer than most though. My 91 318 was in a wreck before i bought it. And the steering wheel had to be replaced due to airbag deplyment. hopefully i dont have to find out if my 90 works lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Dam mate sorry to see that
                    sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                    Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                    NEW One on the track :)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                    Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Sorry to ask, but did the airbag help at all? I wonder how a first gen airbag would really work, and most late model owners like to know if it helps or not...

...sorry for your loss though, it was a nice car, and accidents happen. Just be glad you're okay.
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                        Sorry to ask, but did the airbag help at all? I wonder how a first gen airbag would really work, and most late model owners like to know if it helps or not...

...sorry for your loss though, it was a nice car, and accidents happen. Just be glad you're okay.
                        In this situation it did not help at all. I hit the tree going sideways so my head was closer to pillar and I did not touch it at all. Had I hit it from the front I think it would help out a decent amount. The driver door is dented out from me slamming into it upon impact.

I am very thankful and lucky that I walked out of the accident with no injuries at all or even any cuts.

Comment

Now I know why when the deep gong sounds from the OBC horn I know to slow down. Amazingly enough, I spied 0.0ºC (32F) going around in the morning at around 6:30. That's rare here for it get so cold.

Loosing control just sucks. >.<
                          :mrgreen:

Like game music? >clicky<

Comment

Youch. Keep in mind the airbag sensor is on top of either wheel well. Looks like the drivers side sensor would be smashed from that impact.

Glad to see youre okay! Pics of the E34?

Originally posted by vlad
                            Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
                              it is newer than most though. My 91 318 was in a wreck before i bought it. And the steering wheel had to be replaced due to airbag deplyment. hopefully i dont have to find out if my 90 works lol
                              hopefully they replaced the sensor too and did not just pocket the insurance money.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X