Talk me into/out of buying this... *V8*

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JamesE30
    replied
    Originally posted by 808BMW
    How long would you be paying off this loan?

    I can definately think of a few cons:
    Auto
    Stock suspension
    Cracked dash (I don't like mats)
    Wheels aren't my style (I like the color black w/ polished lip, just not that design, something with a bit more dish)
    You have no clue about the swap and it's reliability
    Bronzit :P
    I havn't looked too much into loans at the moment, but I think I'd have the income to pay it back in around a year.

    I'd be upgrading suspension anyway,
    A cracked dash in a gutted v8 is the least of my concern (but your right it's annoying)
    I's sell the wheels,
    The swap has a full engineers report (again your right though, I do not know anything about it)
    I can live with bronzit (for a few weeks)

    Originally posted by 808BMW

    The A/C is probably a lexus compressor and such that wouldn't transfer to your 323i

    How much is an M3 there?
    If true, that sucks about the A/C, I will look into it.

    And to give you an idea, the last m3 i saw sell in AUS
    went for around $50,000. That's more than 5 times the cost of this car...

    Leave a comment:


  • 808BMW
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesE30
    So I've allways wanted several e30's ...obviously.
    A V8 e30 is a dream for me, however I do not have the skill's, resources, or money to build one myself.
    How long would you be paying off this loan?

    I can definately think of a few cons:
    Auto
    Stock suspension
    Cracked dash (I don't like mats)
    Wheels aren't my style (I like the color black w/ polished lip, just not that design, something with a bit more dish)
    You have no clue about the swap and it's reliability
    Bronzit :P




    If it's something you really want, and it's not WAY overpriced (As in I would take a stock M3 for 15k in the US vs. a v8 swapped 325e priced the same) and your willing to put in some work (springs+shocks and E36 M3 brakes if it doesn't have them already for some v8 safety's sake, wheels and paint are to your personal taste) then I would go for it.

    I'm sure a 5speed swap is doable, http://www.dellowauto.com.au/main.html would probably have adapters for the transmission of your choice, and they're local. I've seen a few lexus V8 swaps into toyota trucks and such, matched to their trannies.

    The A/C is probably a lexus compressor and such that wouldn't transfer to your 323i

    How much is an M3 there?
    Last edited by 808BMW; 01-07-2008, 12:54 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • dredgfan
    replied
    it looks cool but the m power badge is even more ridicules now that it has a Lexus engine lol. its probably a relatively light weight v8 it sounds like fun

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    I have that shifter, but never used it in anything yet. And i'd be lying to you if i said i never took out a loan to get a car i wanted. But if you can swing the payments it's up to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • JamesE30
    replied
    Oh and obviously I'd want to do a Manual swap down the road...
    I'm not even sure if thats possible with this engine...


    PICS:























    Leave a comment:


  • backtrail69
    replied
    Id pass, it's auto.

    Leave a comment:


  • drifty340i
    replied
    Sounds close to home ;) you will love it. Trust me,great engine. Im givin you the thumbs up !

    Leave a comment:


  • JamesE30
    replied
    Here is the ad:

    BMW E30 325 WITH A LEXUS 4 LITRE 32 Valve V8
    FULLY ENGINEERED
    COMPLETE CONVERSION DONE PROFESSIONALLY
    6 MONTHS TO BUILD
    THIS CAR IS A USED DAILY
    Welcome to my auction for my BMW E30 V8 ,this is my PRIDE AND JOY and serious effort has been put into this car for it to reach to what it is now,
    1987 325E 2 Door Coupe
    REGO
    B&M SHIFTER AUTOMATIC
    I am a BMW CLUB MEMBER
    Full Engine conversion using a Lexus V8 with 210KW + with a pod Air Filter
    Lexus Automatic 4 Speed Gearbox with OVERDRIVE Button
    E36 Front end and E36 rear end (with Bigger brakes then standard 325)
    BRAND NEW 17INCH 5 STUD WHEELS WITH TYRES (with lock nuts)
    60klms are for the Engine the original klms are 212klms
    INTERIOR LOOKS BRAND NEW (EXCEPT A FEW CRACKS ON DASH (NEW DASH MAT COVERS CRACKS)
    New Hoses
    Black Leather style trim
    Tinted Windows
    Sports Steering Wheel
    Full New Custom Exhaust System (Sounds FANTASTIC)
    Full Sound System Including Kenwood Headunit,with 4 Channel and 2 Channel Amplifier with Sub!
    Custom Side Mirrors
    Clear Side Repeaters
    Black Eyebrows
    Security Alarm
    Electric Ariel
    New Washer and wipers
    Custom New Tail Shaft
    New Commodore Radiator
    Custom NEW very cold Air Conditioner
    NEW A/C Condenser
    2 X THERMO FANS
    Custom Carbon look Dash
    New Carpet
    New ,Second hand HeadLights
    New Master Brake Cylinder
    As you can see ALOT of time & effort has been put into this,everything on the car works from every interior light,etc etc,YOU WILL STRUGGLE TO FIND ONE LIKE THIS!
    RECENT FULL SERVICE
    I have a FOLDER of receipts of work carried out on this car
    Winning bidder will obviously get the car along with ALL DOCUMENTATION,2 x KEYS with 2 x ALARM KEY FOBS!
    The only things that need to be done is a
    • few touch ups on front right gaurd and few minor dings the size of 5 cents and boot lid to be resprayed to make it look fantastic
    • Springs need to be changed

    ___________________

    I will upload the pics


    I know it seems ricey, but all the glitz bitz will go.

    I'm sure the owner is a cheque book racer, but he seems pretty passionate.

    There is a full 5lug e36 conversion, so front wheels are now not centered, which is sort of an issue
    Last edited by JamesE30; 01-06-2008, 11:26 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JamesE30
    started a topic Talk me into/out of buying this... *V8*

    Talk me into/out of buying this... *V8*

    So I've allways wanted several e30's ...obviously.
    A V8 e30 is a dream for me, however I do not have the skill's, resources, or money to build one myself.

    I've been looking for an average condition bodied e30 on the cheap for track/thrash purposes since i got my license.

    Recently I came across an ad for a 325e tuned 4L lexus v8 for a very reasonable price.
    (I'd rather not say the price, it won't mean much to you anyway, e30's hold an entirely different value over here)

    The car seems perfect for me.


    (see ad below)


    My plan,

    I would transfer the entire black leather interior to my 323i.
    Put my "race" bucket seats from the 323i, in this car with the gutted interior.
    Put the new A/C in my 323i,
    Put the smilies in my 323i
    Put body pretty much back to stock
    Sell the stereo
    Sell the mirrors and replace with stock,
    Sell the rims and replace with e36 stockers with good rubber.
    Either keep the bronzit (sleeper) or opt for shit house backyard paint job (I really am not interested in paint condition for this car)
    Drop on coil overs.

    Basically take all the Good Condition practical bits and put them on my 323i,
    Leave this car a gutted e30 v8 with two buckets and a straight out exhaust...


    NOW,
    I will need to take out a student loan to buy this car,
    Which i am dangerously close to doing so

    Basically I'm looking for someone to tell me I'd be nuts to pass it up, or that im looking at a lemon.
    Last edited by JamesE30; 01-06-2008, 11:25 PM.
Working...