Tell me your input on this please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me your input on this please.

Alright so I think I am going to do a manual swap (not for sure yet). The swap would cost about $1,000 give or take. Correct me if I'm wrong. I should have about $4,000 to invest in my car.

But what else should I get with about 3k left over to make it run/feel better?
    Drop it and put nice rims and tires?
    Put whole new interior in it?
    How much can $4,000 get me including the manual swap?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks,
    Jordan
    Last edited by (:Jordan:); 02-12-2008, 10:33 PM. Reason: New idea.

What?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
      What?
      +1

Equal rights should be all or nothing, not picked and chosen based on what's convenient for ones personal agenda.

Comment

This thead is way too confusing. What's the point of selling a car if you are looking to buy one, or buying another to sell one only to purchase another...
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

sorry about the confusion. Well I want to sell the other one because its an auto and I dont have the place or parts to do a manual swap.

Comment

If you dont have the place to do a manual trannie swap I would just go for option 3 and have 2 cars...Not just a parts car...but a backup...its always good to have a backup...yeah...

Equal rights should be all or nothing, not picked and chosen based on what's convenient for ones personal agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by badvibrations View Post
              If you dont have the place to do a manual trannie swap I would just go for option 3 and have 2 cars...Not just a parts car...but a backup...its always good to have a backup...yeah...
              Well it would be a parts car because the transmission went out.

Comment

New idea.... help me with this please. Would it be a good idea or not?

Comment

How nice is the car you have now? Is it worth dumping 4k into? Honestly, there are better ways to spend 4k, especially if you are as young as you sound.

Comment

How young do I sound? But it pretty nice. It has a straight body. Only thing wrong with it is the transmission. Maybe a tune up to since its been sitting for awhile and the interior has some problems but that doesnt bother me.

But if I have it under the knife, I would want to put some other in it. I'm not saying I'm going to dump 4k into it. I am just asking what should I do to make it feel better with the budget under 4k.

Such as lowering it, Getting a tune up, etc.

Comment

E30: 325, 325e, 325es, 325i, 325ic, 325is: $1495.00

This is how much they cost of euro depot. Good price or keep looking and just buy the parts separate?
                      Last edited by (:Jordan:); 02-13-2008, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Jordan - I'M LOST...

With that said - can I give you some advice? It's free???? OK then - This forum has about a zillion old threads. Read my little buddy, read... and all your questions will be answered.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

R

I

F

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Come on - it's http://www.rif.org/
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

dude alright i agree read around but if you feel your skilled enough to do the swap yourself then yeah $1000 is a reasonable estimate. But dont start this and realize its too much to undertake cause then you would just have to sell the car to one of us. As for the rest of your money do the usual you know rims, tires, brakes, suspension. But unless you autocrossing or something dont go all out on the parts keep it a budget then you can get the cool little things on the side like hid's and the sweet rare euro parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X