My m-tech died tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My m-tech died tonight...

Tragic understeer on a decreasing radius dry Chuckanut corner...went off the road (airborne for a second), hit a tree head on. Will post the funeral pics tomorrow or something. It's toast. I'll be needing an m-tech 1 front valence and euro bumper for a future db transformation. Still in shock. It's a say day.
    sigpic
    An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Bummer. That's not a forgiving road - rockface on one side, the drop to the ocean the other. What stretch were you in? One of those, or the lesser suff on either end?

You walked away though, you're already ahead of a lot of other poor bastards.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Glad you are Ok. What were the conditions?

Last week I just drove 100 miles in a huge snow storm. Luckily I was in the Explorer. 4x4 and studded snow tires. Then the CHP closed the freeway, then I found a way around the road block and back onto I-5. Crazy...

Again - glad you are good.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

That sucks but the important thing is that you and no one else got hurt. You have a new e30 lined up?
        Originally posted by cabriodster87
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
        Originally posted by Kershaw
        i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Glad to hear you're alright. These MT1's are falling faster than Ferrari Enzo's.
          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

NOO Elguapo!!

Glad that you are in good enough condition to post here man. Will be looking out for the pictures you will post.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Glad to hear you are alright. I would tear into this quite a bit, however I think the loss of my e30's brother is enough pain.

Comment

OUCH! Am I doomed from the start on my build?
                Continuous For Sale Thread
                323i s50

Comment

yes.

Comment

ouch!! I learned a long time ago not to mess around on that road - fortunately for me, I never had an accident there. When (if?) you get another E30, you'll have to come out to some sanctioned events where there aren't any trees to hit. :(
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

wow sorry, glad to hear you came out okay, that road can be even more dangerous in the rain.
                      M3 springs w/bilstein hd's, IE 22/19mm sway bars, front IE stress bar, complete suspension rebuild, IS interior.
                      Crew chief for BBQ2U Racing: James Crivellone, John Parker, Chris Anderson, Ben Wilson, George Howe, Will Kellog, Jim Cissell
                      BBQ2U Racing, Best of Intentions Racing

Comment

:(
                        sigpic

Comment

Man, that really sucks. Too bad to hear that. It was a really clean car.
                          :: PNW Crew ::
                          '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

oh... that sucksman sorry.

Comment

thanks for the comments...

Road conditions were dry...it was just a matter of pushing my limit too much, and I definitely learned my lesson about not doing that on public roads. Hindsight is killing me right now.

I've got another E30 at my buddy's shop, an 86 325 with a good body that needs paint. The block is good. We bought an e-head from Northwest European, planning on flipping it, but now I may just use that car as the new transformation. Those blocks handle FI setups pretty well, right? Perhaps there's a turbo in my future. My sideskirts (for sure one of them anyway) and rear bumper/valence/trunk lid spoiler are still in good shape. I'm pretty sure my coilovers, exhaust (although probably bent a little), and wheels made it out okay, too. The interior was pretty much untouched as well, so it's not a total loss.

Now the long search for an m-tech 1 front begins...any leads?
                              sigpic
                              An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Working...
                              X