X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know about vines auto?

anyone have experence with them?
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Very good used parts dealer. Good prices, at least back in the day.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

i bought a used fan clutch for an e32 about 7 years
      ago from them...i had some other problems with the
      car which led me to believe that the used fan clutch
      was faulty and they sent me another one at no charge...

later on, i realized that the problem was not the fan clutch
      and called them to make arrangements to send one of
      them back...they said don't worry about it...

they also talked me out of purchasing a reconiditioned
      si board from them and recommended the purchase of
      a new unit instead...they had been having problems with
      the recon units malfunctioning just beyond the end of the
      warranty period and didn't want me to get screwed...

good people...

bert

Comment

I talked with them on the phone once about a used DME. I didn't buy from them because I found a local one, but they were very helpful on the phone.
        Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Horrible.

20 days and I still dont have the correct part. They tried to send me a destroyed part and a wrong part at that. 20 days after paying for the part I wanted I still dont have it and they never return phone calls and bullshit me on the phone.

Ive been told many times its shipped but its not showing up and nobody provides a tracking number or any other evidence.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

I've purchased 8-10 things from them never a problem. They are local to me(about 3 hours) so stuff is ussualy here right away.
            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Heard a story about a buddy that got a S14 from them, supposedly the motor had several issues.

Only thing i've heard about Vines.
              Trevor Ely
              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Ordered a used 525i (E34) oil pan from them a few years ago, I specified a '91--> production date pan, yet they sent me an M20 pan. They got me the correct pan, after an only slightly fabricated excuse from the sales mgnr.

Decent prices, good business if they send you the right part. Huge selection too, so they probably have what you're looking for. Check out they're huge list/pics of parts cars on the website

Comment

I've used them a few times and every time was perfect, but this was years ago. I've heard they aren't as good as they used to be and I've also heard they know this and they're working on improving it. IMO if they have the part at good price give them a try.

M
                  BTW no one is perfect 100% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by Mike 91 318ic
                    Except Patrick at BMA. ;)
                    Trevor Ely
                    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

I've talked to them on the phone a few times and ordered a part or two and it's always been pretty quick. Good quality stuff. I've also had good experiances with The Euro Depot (www.theeurodepot.com) which is a similar place.

-Prince
                      Randall Prince
                      http://www.rp1.us/ Used Cars

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
                        Originally posted by Mike 91 318ic
                        Except Patrick at BMA. ;)
                        You must not have ordered enough from him.

Not saying that he doesnt fix the problems but I have had a few wrong things sent.

Aaron
                        2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Well it appears this david character is going to rip me off. I called when the replacement part (that was suppsedly in hand and shipping on Fri) didnt show and demanded a refund because they dont have the original one I actually bought and no good ones.

I stated that if he sent me a call tag I would send back the destroyed automatic harness once i got a refund and hten he immedaitely accused me of being a thief and saying i wasnt going to send it back and just keep it after getting a refund.

He said he would refund it today and didnt. I guess now I have to try and file a claim.
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

I bought a Maplight mirror from David Vine aka "vinesparts" on eBay using the "Buy It Now" feature and paid instantly with PayPal.

5 days later, no tracking number, no mirror, no nothing.

I email him and he replies: "very sorry , this part was on the shelf and some one sold it to a walk in customer and did not know it was already sold on ebay"

So basically, he sold MY part to someone else that I had paid for.

After a few back and forth emails trying to get an explanation, he got snippy with me, so I left him a Negative feedback, so then he leaves me a retaliatory feedback.

In subsequent emails, he acted like a jerk in addition to making a million excuses why the part was sold.

He failed to understand that once I paid for the part, it was my property, and it was his responsibility to deliver it in a timely manner to me.

He doesn't seem to understand that a completed auction is a binding contract, and he didn't even leave feedback for me when I paid him instantly, but didn't hesitate to leave a retaliatory feedback.

Not the best way to do business.

I buy and sell stuff on eBay occasionally, and one time due to a personal issue, I shipped someone's item a week late, so I refunded him the shipping costs, which was about $17.00 for a $35.00 part.

That's how someone should handle their mistakes. He could have at least offered me a nice discount on a future purchase or asked my if I needed something else and offered me a deal on it.

Or he could have promised to save me the next Maplight mirror that he gets and give it to me for half price.

Instead, I had to email him to get my money back, then he cops a big attitude with me about how "I suppose you never made a mistake in your life" and how I'm being unreasonable.

Let's see, I used "Buy it Now", pay him instantly via PayPal, I get no response for 5 days, then he tells me he sold the part to someone else, gets snippy with me, cops a big attitude, then calls me "unreasonable" for leaving him a Negative feedback and then leaves me a retaliatory feedback.

All because he screwed up, not me.

So I had to buy another Maplight mirror today for $30.00 more from another seller, so his mistake cost me $30.00 and wasted my time.

This guy is a jerk IMO, and I would never do business with him again and I am posting this so others are aware of what kind of person they are dealing with if they choose to do so.

It's not the item so much, but the Principle. I can't stand people who don't take responsibility for their mistakes, who try to blame someone else, and compound the mistake with name-calling instead of making the customer happy and doing the right thing.

Another bad seller on eBay is "strictly-german-ga"

I'll post details of that "transaction" later.

Perhaps we should start a sellers "BlackList" thread of sellers to avoid.
                            Last edited by E30 Cabrio; 10-02-2007, 11:54 PM.
                            sigpic
                            1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                            Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                            Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

I have bought from them on E-bay as well as in person. drove 360 miles round trip one day to visit their place. I met Ron Vines. He asked me how much the part I needed was worth to me. I told him it was worth about $40.00. He sold it to me for $20.00! They are really great people to do business with. I will definately use them again.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Working...
                              X