how much you pay for e30 insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steinbachphoto View Post
    well if you live in Canada then for young drivers(under 25) then BC is the best place to get insurance, because there's no penalties for being young, everybody starts at 0% discount, and every year of driving experience you gain(accident free) you get more of apercentage off
    Insuring a car in BC is never beneficial. 0% discount is still 280 sum $ every month. I pay $240 with a 10% discount. We get ass raped in BC for insurance. ICBC:hitler: makes outrageous amounts of coin, yet they still keep upping the rates

Comment

I pay 95 bux a month for liability. I also pay 295 bux a month for full coverage for my 06 Mini S. It just blows to have tickets on your record.

Young and stupid days =/

Comment

I'm trying to find the best rate. I really don't understand how people get such low rates. The lowest I found is around $130 a month from Liberty Mutual. I am 24 and this the first car going under my name. So if anyone can find me a better rate let me know please. I have a 1991 318i..

thanks...

Comment

I don't know how some of you guys are getting such good rates either... I guess it has to be location. I am 30 with a clean record - $65/mo for liability and underinsured - 1989 325i. State farm was loads cheaper than Allstate, whom I had been with for ~12 years. They wanted $106/mo for the same coverage. Maybe I need moar airbagz
          Originally posted by chileelky
          amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

696/6 months,im 22 with no speeding tickets or ever any accidents... this is bare minimum insurance also.... i hate insurance bullshit in canada.
            1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
            1987 e30 325 eta
            1983 e28 533
            2001 x5 4.4l
            1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
            1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

I'm paying $43.00 a month for high coverage, way above what the state min is. I'm 21 with a clean record.

Comment

Back formt the dead again!

I did alot of research, it turns out the ONLY major insurance company that will consider add-on (euro, aftermarket, wheels, paint) in the policy up to $5000 is PROGRESSIVE.

They stated that they can also do a stated value type policy, but do not garuntee the payout to be what you stated it for.

they said that pictures, recipts and apprisials will help significantly when making the policy.

needless to say, after i finish up with my current policy and finish my car, ill be insuraning with them

PS...they can do all this in NJ too (NJ has the strictest auto insurance laws in the US)

PSS...im paying 56 bucks a month right now in NJ for libility only with my truck too, im 27 clean record, no accidents in 3 years
                Last edited by Naplm00; 04-13-2009, 10:20 AM. Reason: more info
                88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
                85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by kowalski View Post
                  Insuring a car in BC is never beneficial. 0% discount is still 280 sum $ every month. I pay $240 with a 10% discount. We get ass raped in BC for insurance. ICBC:hitler: makes outrageous amounts of coin, yet they still keep upping the rates
                  $311 a month for liability.
                  1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

you guys should post ur age or how long you have been driving, and if your independent or under someone elses plan. makes huge differences

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
                      $311 a month for liability.
                      that's what I pay for 6 months. :p
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i pay 109 a month liability with progressive.
                        Last edited by fiercee30; 04-13-2009, 08:05 PM.
                        84 ETA

Comment

$70/mo with progressive.

84 325e
                          -Andy

Comment

back in 05 i was looking into buying a mini cooper s until i found out i'd be paying $480/month for insurance, which was 40 bucks more than the car payment! i was also 20 at the time, and had quite a few tickets in the state, some paid, 2 or 3 still unpaid, bleh... fuck 'em. i won't be going back to that state any time soon.

for the e30, i pay like 60/month for liability only through progressive, but as i put money into the car, i'll up my policy a bit. i should have an accident removed from my record by the end of the year, so hopefully it will go down then.

btw i'm 23 and living in illinois.

Comment

$1 a day per e30.

COTM

Comment

Driving for 13 years with State Farm

Cars,
                                87 325es: $26/mo
                                87 GMC S15: $27/mo
                                96 Firehawk: $49/mo
                                65 Corvair: $7/mo

My e30 and truck only have basic on them. The Firehawk has full coverage along with the Corvair. But the Corvair is insured as an Antique. I pay them every 6 months and i have a clean record.

1992 BMW 325iC
                                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                                X