Website Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website Project

It's been a long time since I've posted here regularly, but you might remember me as the guy that started the obscenely long "This Is Pictures" thread.

I had to make a website for my intro web building class, and decided to make it informational about e30's. I got source content from r3v, which due to time constraints ended up being little more than copy/pasta...

The gallery page is horrible (had to do at least one page in frames). But other than that I thought it turned out well. The site should work in Firefox, IE, Safari, and Camino (i think), although Safari doesn't handle the left roll-in too well.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Tvan; 04-11-2008, 12:51 PM.

it's not too bad - but I'd suggest a lighter color for the main body. It probably looks ok on a newer monitor, but other people with old shitty laptops and less than perfect vision might have trouble with the medium-gray BG and dark blue text. ;)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

what no 90-91 318i?

boooo00000OOOOO
      Not that I care, of course.

Comment

Never use Times New Roman. Rarely looks good on a web page. Calibri or Tahoma always

Comment

Needs mets tags, and I'd change "index" to "home"
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            Needs mets tags, and I'd change "index" to "home"
            Yea, the home page had to be Index.html, but for some reason when I made the navigation bar that would like back home I didn't think to make it say home instead of index.

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
            Never use Times New Roman. Rarely looks good on a web page. Calibri or Tahoma always
            You mean for the headers, right? Because the body text is Verdana.

Unfortunately this project has already been graded so it's too late to make changes. I'm starting my second website project soon though, so I really appreciate the feedback.

Comment

on the "gallery" page-

for your pictures of 'verts, I would find pictures of 'verts with the top down. not a hardtop. Also, you picture of the "Mtech" car has iX flares and no Mtec parts.
              sigpic89 M3

Comment

I like the overall look pretty clean.

Leave the meta tags out except for:

<meta name="description" content=" your description of the page" />

Do not use the same description for every page, google will ding you for that and if the description is too short or too long.

Make sure that you have: a site map , a privacy statement and a terms of use pages (all of the search engines love that)

Comment

I like the flywheel mod section, very informational

Comment

clean and simple... I think your left nav could use something more... also it would be cripser if your whole site was centered rather than left aligned, could do some nice bg tricks then too.

Not bad though. Good for your first time really. I've seen much worse from experienced people. I like your logo/header.
                    Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post

Do not use the same description for every page, google will ding you for that and if the description is too short or too long.

Make sure that you have: a site map , a privacy statement and a terms of use pages (all of the search engines love that)
                      wow, great advice!

i was going to mention site maps because search engines love that stuff :)
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by NavyE30 View Post
                        on the "gallery" page-

for your pictures of 'verts, I would find pictures of 'verts with the top down. not a hardtop. Also, you picture of the "Mtech" car has iX flares and no Mtec parts.
                        Finding the gallery pictures was kind of a last-minute thing, given more time I would have asked some users to host their best pics. Did you mean the red coupe under Mtech 1? I had never seen that front end before, and wasn't sure what it was exactly.

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind when I get around to permanently hosting my sites.

Comment

Working...
                        X