Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they see me rollin they hatin

Comment

conformity. look it up. you broke the law and worse yet you did it in a self admitted small town you live in. your car is unique and cops have a job to do. dont shit in your own backyard. why give cops a reason to fuck with you? ive never understood it. i too live in a small town and got pulled over for a front euro plate on my car. all the cops know me because my car is unique too. its loud and illegal but i putt around in my town like the old man i am. every time one of these cops sees me im doing the right thing and its like money in the bank. they know im not an asshole out driving like an idiot so when something small like a plate infraction comes up i get a warning which i go and correct. i do drive like a fool but never in my own town. the cop was just doing his job. there has to be a uniform policy for plates.
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
        Umm...yea, anyone coulda told you that.

Although, it's funny he wrote down the license number from the euro plate...LOL

It's a bummer that someone would harrass you like that, but it is what it is. I'd fix it, go to court humble and hope they waive or lower the ticket. Then I'd go out into the parking lot and put it back that way. :)

Tim
        Last edited by VacMan; 04-17-2008, 04:32 PM.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Erik,
          Let me be the first to offer up money for your taillights in order to help you pay for court costs.
          John

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
            conformity. look it up. you broke the law and worse yet you did it in a self admitted small town you live in. your car is unique and cops have a job to do. dont shit in your own backyard. why give cops a reason to fuck with you? ive never understood it. i too live in a small town and got pulled over for a front euro plate on my car. all the cops know me because my car is unique too. its loud and illegal but i putt around in my town like the old man i am. every time one of these cops sees me im doing the right thing and its like money in the bank. they know im not an asshole out driving like an idiot so when something small like a plate infraction comes up i get a warning which i go and correct. i do drive like a fool but never in my own town. the cop was just doing his job. there has to be a uniform policy for plates.
            The man is right, remember if you try to make an issue over 4dr vs 2dr, as mentioned before the judge isn't going to dismiss the ticket if thats the only thing you have in your defense. As an added bonus, you already are on the cops radar as you didn't listen to the warning he gave before and he gave you a ticket because of it. Do you really want to have him nitpick your car like your planning to do to the ticket? Worrying about tickets for bumper height, lighting regulations, and whatever else he can dig up? I'd bite the bullet, pay the fine, and realize he got you fair and square after warning you about it once.

Remember, its not like you won't probably drive past him on your way back home from the courthouse, or the day after that. If it wasn't your town, things might be different.
            -Dave
            2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

I've been running euro plates with the same ID as my Australian plates for a few months now.
              Never had any problems before, even when cops have pulled me over for "random" checks...

I am sure it's illegal here too though, but no-one seems to care.

R.H.D
              M-technic I club

Comment

You should have just left the Fla plate off and spoken jibberish to the cop.

Comment

Try the "4dr" mistake in court. Fight the power man.

Comment

Originally posted by madness3 View Post
                    You should have just left the Fla plate off and spoken jibberish to the cop.
                    Haha I was thinking about doing that... I don't speak enough German to do it well. BUT since he was a local officer who has spoken to me before, it wouldn't have worked at all.
                    -Erik
                    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                      they see me rollin they hatin
                      ha lol

dude. if it makes you feel better, i would love to hit ur car from the back. its so damn sexy.

i was just wondering tho,

i might have a good point with this. maybe if we could change the numbers o our cars. its not illegal. the cop ends up writin dwn the wrong model and always the wrong number of doors, then BOOM! u win a case in court. right? i mean that should be enough?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                        I've been running euro plates with the same ID as my Australian plates for a few months now.
                        Never had any problems before, even when cops have pulled me over for "random" checks...

I am sure it's illegal here too though, but no-one seems to care.
                        "Random Checks" are illegal in the US (4th Amendment), a Police Officer must have a reasonable suspicion of a violation before stopping a citizen at-large.
                        USDOT requires all vehicles sold in the US to have the means of illuminating the rear plate at night. Most States adopt DOT standards as their Inspection Codes, that's why the plate is illegal, "improper display"

In Court, the Complainant (Police Officer) can amend any errors which are not elemental to the offense, i.e. 4 doors, as long as the amendment is made before the commencement of testimony.
                        Last edited by sam3; 04-18-2008, 03:19 AM.

Comment

I would fix it and take a pic. Then explain to the judge that you paid alot of extra money for the plate and was afraid it would get stolen. Tell the judge you are sorry and that you have taken further action with safety screws. You will most likely get a reduction.
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Rigmaster
                          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by sam3 View Post
                            "Random Checks" are illegal in the US (4th Amendment), a Police Officer must have a reasonable suspicion of a violation before stopping a citizen at-large.

True, but that doesn't stop them from happening. With the discretion available to police officers, it's not difficult to find a reason to pull a car over. I.E. a car is veering slightly on the interstate because the driver is adjusting the radio, officer pulls the car over for "weaving" and decides to check your inspection, registration, run your license, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                              True, but that doesn't stop them from happening. With the discretion available to police officers, it's not difficult to find a reason to pull a car over. I.E. a car is veering slightly on the interstate because there's a giant hole in the road and your car is < four inches off the ground, officer pulls the car over for "weaving" and decides to check your inspection, registration, run your license, etc.
                              Fixed ;)

I'm going to get a front rub strip with a plate recess and cut out my rear bumper trim and mold the front bumper recess into the rear trim. It's gonna be sick, and legal. The only reason it's not legal is because the plate was inside the car and the guy was being a dick having his power trip.
                              Last edited by Erik; 04-18-2008, 07:17 AM.
                              -Erik
                              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

That too! I borrowed a friends E30 on J-stocks + 60mm drop hats last night so I know exactly what you mean!
                                Last edited by Stu; 04-18-2008, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X