Sooo it is illegal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
    It's a 4 door? He didn't get that right on the car model... could that help you?
    beat me to it
    Originally posted by ebelements
    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
      beat me to it
      That would not help at all. E30s are boxes man, they look like they could be for doors all day... It's a simple mistake.
      -Erik
      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
      I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by sam3 View Post
        "Random Checks" are illegal in the US (4th Amendment), a Police Officer must have a reasonable suspicion of a violation before stopping a citizen at-large.
        USDOT requires all vehicles sold in the US to have the means of illuminating the rear plate at night. Most States adopt DOT standards as their Inspection Codes, that's why the plate is illegal, "improper display"

In Court, the Complainant (Police Officer) can amend any errors which are not elemental to the offense, i.e. 4 doors, as long as the amendment is made before the commencement of testimony.

The guy you replied to is in another country. Your answer means nothing to him.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
          Hey, what do you know about Manatee County? Like I said, I've driven next to and in front of state patrol and Manatee County Sheriff officers and haven't had a word said from anyone else.

NO!! I did not think it was legal... It's an eye catcher title.

The only thing that could be considered illegal about it is that the plate is behind the window. THAT"S IT! Other than that there's nothing illegal about it.
          Calm yourself, kiddoe. I was fucking with you. Obviously this is the intArw3bz so its difficult to sense sarcasm. I thought it was funny that your county was named Manatee. And I think you had a great idea for taking the trouble to stick it on the window.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            The guy you replied to is in another country. Your answer means nothing to him.
            Really? ... I thought he meant the other Australia.

It was just a little info about the different legal systems, the Aussie system was derived from Crown Law, our Founding Fathers did everything they could to get away from capricious and arbitrary law enforcement. The way King George did it, it was the defendant's obligation to prove that a search/seizure was illegal. Under the U.S. Constitution, all searches and seizures are presumed to be illegal until the City/State/Feds can prove otherwise, and a traffic stop is a "seizure", albeit, generally a brief one.

BTW, random checks are actually allowed, under strict conditions, in this country. These are most often the DWI checkpoints, they must be completely random, advertised in the local media ahead of time, etc. in order to be kosher

Comment

how is that illegal
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                how is that illegal
                The guy is a dickhead and he says it is... No but really since the plate was not on the OUTSIDE of the vehicle it's illegal. BUT I think this should do the trick. I actually thing it looks pretty good.

Yes it looks retarded I know. But I don't care.
                -Erik
                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Comment

i just looked at NC laws at basically our plates have to have the correct numbers, registration stickers, have north carolina or NC visible on the plate, and say first in flight on them
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                  Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

It looks like shit right in the middle. I'm going to remount it just above the tow hook so the ugly valance/hook are not so visible.
                      -Erik

Comment

Hey, what bulbs are you using in the tag lights?

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                          Hey, what bulbs are you using in the tag lights?
                          Hoen LED

Daftar di link slot indosat gratis dan terpercaya agar bisa bermain game slot terpopuler dengan minimal deposit 10rb tanpa potongan di setiap permainan slot online.
                          -Erik

Comment

if it being a 2door mattered, I probably could have not spent half as much in attourney fee's when I got arested since he put the 2door 05 civic (stock econobox, not rice or anything lol) down as a 4door accord... then called it in first as me doing 113, then 133 (my favorite since civics don't go that fast) and finally 103, and didn't read me my rights or anything... I was going like 97 or so when he saw me and pulled immediately over by the way, coming out of south austin with little to no traffic. He was totally hard core though... so much so that even though his rook ass had his "I'm a hardass" aviators, crew cut, and "I wish I could grow real facial hair" blonde shadow of a mustache, he didn't even know what class misdemeanor he was arresting me for and got laughed at by other officers in travis county central booking. Needless to say, I have to date only had 1 traffic violation, which was that arrest, so I only ever had 1 $4,000 speeding ticket!!! Mind you, while on deferred adjudication for a speeding ticket for less than a week, with 4 prior speeding tickets, my girlfriend got pulled over doing 98 coming into north austin by the travis county sheriff, and got a ticket. Fuck cops. I should have cried and shown him the fruit basket.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulholland View Post
                              if it being a 2door mattered, I probably could have not spent half as much in attourney fee's when I got arested since he put the 2door 05 civic (stock econobox, not rice or anything lol) down as a 4door accord... then called it in first as me doing 113, then 133 (my favorite since civics don't go that fast) and finally 103, and didn't read me my rights or anything... I was going like 97 or so when he saw me and pulled immediately over by the way, coming out of south austin with little to no traffic. He was totally hard core though... so much so that even though his rook ass had his "I'm a hardass" aviators, crew cut, and "I wish I could grow real facial hair" blonde shadow of a mustache, he didn't even know what class misdemeanor he was arresting me for and got laughed at by other officers in travis county central booking. Needless to say, I have to date only had 1 traffic violation, which was that arrest, so I only ever had 1 $4,000 speeding ticket!!! Mind you, while on deferred adjudication for a speeding ticket for less than a week, with 4 prior speeding tickets, my girlfriend got pulled over doing 98 coming into north austin by the travis county sheriff, and got a ticket. Fuck cops. I should have cried and shown him the fruit basket.
                              yeah fuck cops. we should all be allowed to do 113 on public roads because our fucking pizza is ready
                              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                                It's fucking unbelievable what people to do have Euro plates. The "US on top of Euro" plate is dumb enough as is, but this is even dumber. Are you really that desperate? Seriously who gives shit?

I'm with blunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X