No announcement yet.

Is this cabrio worth it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it's worth it, but calypso red cabbys are friggin' hot. the interior isn't a big deal - I'd just have it recovered.

S52 + calypsorot cabby + mtech 1 = drooool :)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Offer 3k
      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Too high of an asking price.
        I'd say about 3k is about right. 3.5k tops. Remember, you will have to pay all the other fees on top of the sale price such as DMV fees, tax, etc...
        Does it have records?
        How many P/O's?
        The dealership probably won't budge much on price and they will sit on it until it sells, especially with summer coming up.
        sigpic
        1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
        Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
        Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

If you're doing an S52 swap AND you plan to recover an interior anyway, then better to get one with a bad engine/drivetrain. You can get a lame duck like that for dirt cheap and toss the broken M20.

You will not get any significant money for a working M20 when you pull it.

Rod
          sigpic
          Winner - Best Engine, Bimmercruise 2010
          Runner Up - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2010
          Winner - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest 2011
          Winner - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2011
          www.vertnation.com
          My car in Berlin Klassic promo video

Comment

I bought mine, one owner, 104k miles, 1990 black cabbie, manual tranny for $2,300 in DC.
            It needed seat work, new top and some other minor things but overall in pretty good shape.
            I wouldn't pay more than 3k tops. if the car is clean and has maintenance records
            344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

I think there were only about 100 or 200 made in that color.

Comment

Dealer said they'd take $3000. Should I do it?? I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. Its looks like the paint is fading in the rear. And the seats are pretty bad. I don't know.....
                ~Fernando

Comment

$3k isn't bad, if the car is in good condition. Seat is not a problem. Upholstery will cost you about $400 for both front seats.
                  But like talltorontoguy said, if you're swapping the engine, you might as well go for a car with a bad engine. You can sometime find nice plastic bumpered cars with bad engines for much less than that.
                  344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

calypsos can be hot

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                      calypsos are hot
                      fix'd.

$3K is a good price. Seats are not a big deal, you can probably buy new ones for less than it would be to recover them. What kind of shape is the top in?
                      Byron
                      Leichtbau

Comment

Might as well try to offer them $2500 :up:

Comment

I would try and get a platic bumpered car.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ive got a 318 cabby for sale, but in socal...
                            Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

I'd take $1000 off the top just to punish him for that ridiculous Autotrader description.

Seller's Description and Comments

The 325i is not known for its 0-60 performance - it is not sluggish, but it is not a sports car. At passing speeds (50-80mph) it is quite phenomenal however - lithe and power-plenty, (I was much less impressed in this area by the automatic transmission 325is that I test-drove.) The amazing thing about this car (perhaps a general characteristic of BMWs) is consistency of the engine performance. The amount of torque, response and engine noise is completely consistent from about 1500rpm to 5500rpm. It is 'like buttah': soft and smooth.
                              You know he bought that car at auction for $1000, I'd start way low.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                              MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                              | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Working...
                              X