Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am officially crazy! - Now with more craziness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay it now has a working radio, the horn works, the back lighting works, and the Porsche tachometer works with the game as well.

The cool part is everything is integrated into the ignition like a real car, so if you stall it, you need to turn the key off and back on, which shuts off the radio alerting everybody that you just stalled it!

Still a ton of wiring to fix and clean up, but its not bad overall.

Comment

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
      1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Any interest in showing this off to gaming community site? I know of one who would probably dig it..

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

WHAT THE... steering linkage? LOL.

Where do you put the quarters in?

Can I play it when I come to the picnic? Pwease James?

Unbelievable. Just...wow.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
          HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
          **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Now all you need to do is fix up an e30 pedal box. :)

Very cool stuff man, are you using FFB? interested in how all the extra weight/leverage effects the feel (and life of the motor/gears if cranked up)

If you guys like this kind of stuff, head over here. A forum dedicated to gaming nerds, lots of racing sim guys with similar setups. Hopefully James will post his there too!

Comment

James, my only question is, why doesn't it have an E30 tach?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                James, my only question is, why doesn't it have an E30 tach?
                For some reason I cannot get the e30 tach to read properly. If I feed it any tachometer signal it won't read anything unless I give it a 10,000RPM signal for a V8, then it will just go crazy and bounce all over the place. Not sure why and I tried multiple gauge clusters.

I will probably just install a large 10K tach with a shift light, semi race-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
                  Fuck yes!
                  -Erik
                  '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                  I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

how much did all of that cost you?

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

That is nuts!

I was going to do something similar, with a seat from the junkyard + ps3 + GT5 + Logitech G25.

Props to you. The steering links just blow my mind. Never even contemplated that far.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                        For some reason I cannot get the e30 tach to read properly. If I feed it any tachometer signal it won't read anything unless I give it a 10,000RPM signal for a V8, then it will just go crazy and bounce all over the place. Not sure why and I tried multiple gauge clusters.

I will probably just install a large 10K tach with a shift light, semi race-ish.
                        That works, just get an E30 cluster in there! The Porsche one is just too out of place.

Comment

could you just run the porsche motor behind the bmw dash? Maybe print a new screen if the scale is out?

Comment

More to come tomorrow.
                            :loco:

Comment

I bet that just makes you feel right at home driving a Mini Cooper. :D

I don't remember, they have the E30 M3, right?
                              -Erik
                              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

That's pretty fucking sick man. You having people over to your pad before the picnic? I'd like to check that out.

Oh, and the porsche cluster is uber cool. Tach (the only gauge that really matters) is front and center.

It's Sunday night and I'm quazi hammered HAAHA
                                Originally posted by Gruelius
                                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
                                X