Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you are an E30 owner when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- when you have coworkers tht think tht their riced up cavalier can smoke an innocent lookin BMW

Comment

...you notice the garage feels extra roomy on the side with the narrow body (non-M).

and

....you've spent time observing how robust and industrial the hood latches look.

and

...you think other cars look empty without a gigantic submarine-shaped plastic reservoir hovering over the engine bay.

First post! :nice:

-Best

Comment

When you work on your car like this

..to prevent getting fluids all over your driveway.

When you have heard "hey, wanna fix my car next?" so many times you just ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
          I did this but it wasnt a M just a 325is , 2 months and 4 cars later i was back in a e30 :D
          I'm waiting on the wheel bearing to start howling, then I'll be in an S50 e30....
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

You spot one on the highway in your rear view mirror and you slow down to dangerously slow speeds just to let him pass by (I did this yesterday in Charlotte, NC. It was a very clean 325(no e or i) 4 door in an unusual bronze color).

You look forward to spotting your baby waiting for you at the airport (covered parking of course).
            Discounts to all R3VLimited users on Amsoil products www.tampabaysynthetics.com

Comment

..you have more than one.

COTM

Comment

you have bluntech on speed dial
                sigpic

Comment

Had this going a couple days ago haha
                  Attached Files

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                  2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Gabor FTW! Hahaha!
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

when you have to take a full tan cloth interior to your mom's house because you want to be able to put your future vert in the garage.
                      Originally posted by BAlbertiX
                      your my boy blue!

Comment

- when you open and close your car by the trunk.
                        TEMO

Originally Posted by Ryan... If you've seen Tango's girl, you would not be questioning his choice of apparel ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by tAngo. View Post
                          - when you open and close your car by the trunk.
                          So true! I installed the $30 keyless entry to "fix" that problem. Works great!
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            So true! I installed the $30 keyless entry to "fix" that problem. Works great!
                            I was gonna go that route, but decided to have my drivers door lock rebuilt. Now I can unlock from all 3 doors, but my passenger wont' re-lock all, just the pass door alone.
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

.......When you host and throw your own E30 car shows!;)
                              88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                              89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                              56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                              www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Originally posted by grahamsy2k View Post
                                When your drivin your girlfriends car and you find your left foot searching for the clutch, and its not there.
                                OMFG yes! did that with my girl's Kia turning the car on and off and approaching traffic lights! she started busting laughing

Originally posted by Predzy743 View Post
                                - when your passenger goes to recline and the seat slams back because the seat shock/pistons are bad.
                                both my mom and my girlfriend had that fun experience haha

On Topic:

-when youre on the freeway and you see another car coming up on your rear view and you speed up faster

-when you back your E30 in and leave the shop lights in your garage on and have the hood open all night or till its time to drive it again

-when you get distracted doing yard work by staring at your E30 backed in the garage with its hood open

-when you are at a restaurant and you sit at a window closest to your E30 and stare at it making sure no one gets near it or see if someone will look at it

-when youre at the store you back in to the parking spot to show off your euro plate

-you unlock your car with your alarm system from the distance to grab the attention

-you rev your car in the middle of traffic when waiting for the train to go by

-you tilt your sunroof regardless if its cold to make your car look cool and unique

-when you try to fix a some a leak but instead you go off and wipe the undercarriage clean and then forget about it

-when you fixed a problem you end up going to the next problem you can find to kill time

-you try to find another BMW and park next to it

-you stare at your gauges and play with the dimmer because of how cool it looks

-when you see a civic next to you and glance and laugh away

-when you tell your girlfriend or anyone the color of your E30 is "hennarot" but looks at you clueless

-you go to the local race track, talk to other drivers and leave with them to make yourself look included

-when you click the release button on your handbrake before taking off

-you constantly look at your mpg meter and trying to convert it from liters to gallons

-when you stare at your coolant reservoir and make sure theres enough before leaving in the morning

-when your girlfriend or your best friend pushes the check button before you do

-when you try to be very light when driving your girlfriends car because the throttle is light compared to your E30 and that theres power steering unlike your E30(if yours doesnt have, like mine)<---i just had to add that haha
                                Last edited by Jrey; 11-05-2011, 10:05 PM.
                                1986 325e (EUR)
                                Grey Market
                                Zinno
                                327i Build
                                Zender kit
                                ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
                                sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

Working...
                                X