Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you are an E30 owner when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you stare longingly at the e30 in your garage, and scowel as you step inside your accord daily :(
    Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
    driving boards?

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
      You constantly utter how much you hate your car when it breaks. But no where around it because "it" will hear you and break more. Then when you get inside and say you love it and give it a nice rub on the dash just above the center vents when it starts up.

Why does my car hate me? Seriously my car is soaked inside. Trunk, driver floor rear passenger..

I WANT SUMMER!

And stop hatin on the ETA's they're e30's too.. :(
      I can't tell you how much i do that.

I pull the Babe's, "that will do pig" into "that will do baby".

Comment

... when you help a new E30 owner work on his car and know torque specs for every bolt, tricks to get every part out, and laugh when his honda friends are impressed that you know how to shoe horn the engine in with the tranny attached.

+ on that: when you know how to use a load leveler >_<

... when you see an old mercedes 190e from far away and hiss at it.

Comment

See a taillight and give chase on highway to look to see it's condition. Better yet you drive down a road and spy a car buried amongst others on a lot and spin to see if it's for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
            ... when you see an old mercedes 190e from far away and hiss at it.
            I totally got a mental picture of that...
            Slicktop City!

Comment

See a taillight and give chase on highway to look to see it's condition.

been there too many times as of late...
              sigpic
              - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

...When you actually know what a Mercedes 190E is
                ...When the local auto parts store actually carries parts for your car. (Maybe this is just me...)
                ... When you think every two door sports car of the relatively same era was built to compete with yours.
                ...When nobody but you and a select few others knows what your car even is.
                ...When you have to drive a 94 Buick LeSabre because you blew the engine in the e30 (<--Me...)
                sigpic
                Been over a year and it still doesn't the other motor mount made...

Comment

Oh, and when the first thing your passengers say is "Where's the cup holders?" And the only thing you can respond with is a 5k clutch drop.
                  sigpic
                  Been over a year and it still doesn't the other motor mount made...

Comment

-when all the people at your school say y would you drive that p.o.s. but you dont care because they think there mom's civic is cool.

Comment

when you wait till midnight and go looking for e30s in people's driveways for spare parts.

Comment

Originally posted by eshghehBMW View Post
                        when you wait till midnight and go looking for e30s in people's driveways for spare parts.
                        I hope for your sake you're kidding.

Comment

when you go to the part store and the guy at the counter says "well it says right here it came with a dual mass flywheel" then you look at him like a retard and say "yeah but it has a single trust me i know"

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                            - When something falls off of your car, you wonder how much weight you just saved.

- You sometimes hear little noises from your passengers when you get on the throttle right after turning in.

- You thoroughly enjoy showing the tailgater behind how to drive around a highway off-ramp.

- Your email address refers to your car rather than to you.

- You walk proper lines through the grocery store.

- You sit in your race car in a dark garage and make car noises and shift and practice your heel and toe, while waiting for your motor to get back from the machine shop.

- You have car parts in your cubicle at work.

- After your answer to "What did you do this weekend?" the next question is always: "And you do this for fun? Right?"

- You talk to other cars on the road, calling them by the manufacturer's name.

- Your family remembers your hair color as "grease".

- You complain when cars in front of you on highway off-ramps don't stay on the line, causing your exit speed to drop.

- You refer to the corner down the street from your house as "Turn One."

- You look at the fire hydrant at that corner and see an apex marker.

- You enjoy driving in the rain on the way to work or school.

- Everywhere you go, you try to find the fastest line through the turn.

- You always do a toe & heel downshift while whoever might be your passenger gives you a real funny look.

- You think that traction control and ABS are for those who can't drive.

- You save broken car parts as " momentos".

- You would choose a rollbar over air conditioning if it were an option.

- You enjoy driving through wet, empty parking lots and using the emergency brake to kick the back end out.

- White smoke coming out from under your tires is a common sight.

- You consider the redline a "conservative suggestion" and the rev limiter "a fun limiter"

- You spend more on insurance premiums than on food.

- You know the "racing line" of every turn in your daily commute, including your alternate routes, and practice hitting them every day.

- You've slalomed in a construction zone, and counted your penalty time in the rearview afterwards.
                            So true!

Great post!
                            Byron
                            Leichtbau

Comment

Here's another one from an experience today:

When you see what looks like a well taken care of 325iX in line for an oil change at Wal-Mart, and you just want to wait by the car until the owner comes out so you can slap him across the face.

Comment

- .... when u hold off on a repair until an "upgraded", improved", "e36 swap", or any other alternative is available, with the exception of the original part.

- ... if any one of ur new years resolutions has the any of the following words: s50, s52,m50,m52, m30, tcd,

- ... if replacing english labeled parts with foriegn labeled parts is cool

- ... if downgrading upgrades is cool.
                                example: power windows, power steering, power sunroof, ac,

Comment

Working...
                                X