Need an opinion: 325is or 325i convertible

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nando
    replied
    cabbys are neat but ehh.. more of a toy car, and E30s are already pretty much a toy car these days. I wouldn't mind having one to drive on nice days, but that would be like 2 weekends a year around here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    get a cab. just dont get an auto like i did.......

    Leave a comment:


  • OrganicMechanic
    replied
    as final owner of my Cabrio--

    I would not take 3 is`s for my cabbie. as to chassis flex, I have experienced none, even on track event drift days. I like my cars like I like women--topless.

    Leave a comment:


  • morningsmiler
    replied
    Originally posted by Ral
    I think about the 'vert every day, she's like the one girlfriend that you'll always miss.
    So very true..its why I bought another

    Leave a comment:


  • morningsmiler
    replied
    Originally posted by T Verdier
    Oh yeah even with strut braces and race springs the roof wigles when on bumpy roads its kinda funny.
    How can you see the roof when its folded in the trunk?


    To the OP...you will see that cabby owners are a dedicated bunch.

    You just need to drive a nice example of both and decide what is for you.

    A cabby isn't the best choice for a year round daily. Squeaks, rattles and leaks aren't really an issue on a well sorted top(mine has none of these issues,) but even the tightest tops have wind noise which is annoying at best and downright maddening at worst. I sold my first cab because of the wind noise.

    All that said, one top-down blast along the sea may have you deciding you can't live without one. I'll never sell mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Cabrio
    replied
    I'll take one of these:

    Leave a comment:


  • yoni
    replied
    all rattles and squeeks can be fixed..

    most come from the windows rattling ----> window adjustment

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    325is hands down. You don't want the squeaks and extra weight from that cabby.
    Oh yeah even with strut braces and race springs the roof wigles when on bumpy roads its kinda funny.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Cabrio
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    325is hands down. You don't want the squeaks and extra weight from that cabby.
    What squeaks?

    Extra weight?
    We're talking about what - 150-200 lbs?

    These aren't high-performance race cars we're talking about. The weight difference shouldn't be a deal-breaker or even a consideration.
    Last edited by E30 Cabrio; 10-30-2008, 10:30 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Cabrio
    replied
    I've had a 325es and currently a Cabrio and I like the Cabrio much better.

    People will tell you that Cabbys leak - BS

    Mine doesn't leak a drop.

    Warm summer nights with the top down and a smokin' hot slim by your side. Doesn't get much better then that.

    If you live in a big city, I would pass as you will be putting the top up and down constantly for security reasons.

    Where I live, I put my top down in the Spring and it stays down most of the year until Fall.

    The only time the top goes up during that time is if I visit San Francisco and stay overnight, then the faceplate comes off the HU, the top goes up, the steering wheel lock is put in place and the car is locked.

    If you can find a nice clean, 5-speed Cabrio, I would jump on it.

    5 Speed Cabby's comprised about 15% of E30 sales in the US

    Not saying that they are going to go up in value, but they are getting harder to find, especially in nice condition.

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    325is hands down. You don't want the squeaks and extra weight from that cabby.

    Leave a comment:


  • daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by Ral
    I have an M3, and used to have a 'Vert. as much as I love the M3, I think about the 'vert every day, she's like the one girlfriend that you'll always miss. The coupe (M3) is a rocketship though, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
    which for you is that pornstar girlfriend, right? :p

    Leave a comment:


  • yoni
    replied
    yeah it rains a lot in BC... well atleast if you're near the coast... which he is..

    it's a hard question - i wouldn't trade my vert for anything.. and i daily it in Montreal during the summer and spring, into the fall...

    but... storage is a must for winter.

    then you get an iX...........or a touring..

    which leads to THEN wanting a M-tech 1 325is...

    and so on and so fourth..

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_fiend
    replied
    325iS. Hands down

    Leave a comment:


  • devonjordan
    replied
    Does it rain often up there?...

    Leave a comment:

Working...