HUGE loss to the BMW community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUGE loss to the BMW community

I dont even know what to say. Your family will be in our prayers.

If there was a reason you didnt post this on r3v let me know and I'll have it deleted.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
    You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Holy crap... that's terrable. Yes, this is a loss to the BMW community, but even more so on a personal note.

Peter was a good man, all BMW-guruness aside. He spoke to me on several occations, on the phone and in person, was very freindly, and even remembered my name (big deal to me). He seemed like a real stand-up guy all over. RIP Pete.

My thoughts and preyers are with the McHenry family
    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Pete was (is) an "all around good guy".

It is very sad, like I said in another thread about this, the "old guard" in the BMW community is passing.

And I am sorry to say your all left with the dopes like us in our 40s to carry on.

Wishing Stuart and the rest of his loved ones the best in a difficult time.

Daniel

Comment

Holy shit - that is very tragic news!!! I can understand what Stu is going through right now.....I've lost a parent the exact same way. Its like getting smacked blind-sided out of nowhere and you sense a huge loss overwhelming you. All I can say at this point is I will keep Stu and his whole family in my thoughts. They are no doubt going through a very difficult time.

And the whole BMW community has lost a legendary figure. RIP Pete McHenry :(

Jon
        Rides...
        1991 325i - sold :(
        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Stu, My thoughts are with you and your family. I recall talking to your dad to sort a few things out, truly an enthusiast, a good guy and a great father.
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I remember the first time I met Peter in person

I was installing a battery for a customer (at Adavance Auto), and some old man drove up in a CLEAN white e30 m3 (it was Billy Revis' car). He strolled over, looked at what I was doing, and made some funny comment. I asked about the e30 m3, we chatted about my e30, and his stroker m42 project. ext time I saw him, he knew my name off hand. Really impressed me.

Stuart, this sucks man. I havn't lost my father, so I can only imagine how you feel. I'll be in touch.
            1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

I'm very saddened to hear that pete has passed. I worked in his shop on a few occasions with alex & stu when we were in high school together, he was always very friendly and helpful, even though my projects were always vw's back then. My condolences to the McHenery family.
              Originally posted by Dozyproductions
              You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

oh wow. the BMW community has lost one of its best.
                e30sport.net
                '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

holy shit :(

Comment

The best of the best. he'll truly be missed

Andy
                    1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                    1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                    1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                    1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

This explains why he wasn't here. Wasn't there just a thread about him not sending out some items or something? Click here I think he should be left alone for a bit.

Really sad stuff :(

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Condolences to Stu Mc and the rest of the family.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Ahhh crap this sucks. I never met the man personally but saw him at a few Korman open houses. The few times I hung out with Stu he told some really great stories about him. My condolences to Stu and his family.
                          1987 325is - sold
                          2001 330i - New DD

Comment

i never had the chance to meet him myself but my dad and grandfather both knew him and they both think very highly of him, as everyone seems to. It is a big loss for the bmw community and my thoughts are with his family.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

My condolences, Stu. Your father definitely left his mark as a highly revered name in the bmw community.

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                              '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                              '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                              SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X