What parts should I buy in Europe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kencopperwheat
    replied
    These threads always crack me up.

    You're going on vacation to rumage through rusty yards? Read the above post and enjoy the vacation with your gf.

    Leave a comment:


  • xLibelle
    replied
    best part about the first link is that twat never went to the yards and bought anything.

    Let me give you a heads-up on the way things work with european vacations and yard rumaging. It doesnt happen. Not unless you know where to go or know people that know where to go. And we're talking big yards and at least a couple because they've already been scored. And do you have tools?

    Yeah, maybe you'll find a yard and through the thick of their confusion of why in the world an american wants to rummage through old shitty euro cars and waste their time, you walk away with a german check or two and some euro grills... thats about all thats going to happen.

    My point is, if you dont know what youre doing and going for, its a COMPLETE waste of time and it will blow your trip unless you've got it all in the bag.


    If you find a yard and they happen to let you in, just go for anything small with german writing. Everything else is too big to cary back with you.

    The way that it works best is a resident makes friends with the yards and they pull the parts in an agreement that he'll basicly be buying everything. Then that person sells to someone with the means of importing a large amount of goods (me) and sells to the US.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by blunt
    the steering wheels on the wrong side?

    Hey...

    Your avatar...

    That's one good lookin' guy.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    ^^ well, you have a clock instead of a tach.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by Asbradley21
    See if you can spot what's different.
    the steering wheels on the wrong side?

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    The head unit is centered and there is no OBC hole. Makes a cleaner-looking cluster for guys looking to delete their OBC.
    Oh!

    I was thinking instrument cluster...

    Leave a comment:


  • Asbradley21
    replied
    See if you can spot what's different.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    I think it's the one where the stereo is centered ?

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    Originally posted by DCColegrove
    316 dash bezels?

    Honest question... What am I missing.
    The head unit is centered and there is no OBC hole. Makes a cleaner-looking cluster for guys looking to delete their OBC.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    1. Analog clocks (with pigtails if you are good)
    2. Foglight switches
    3. Any and all body parts (bumpers, etc) you can get home
    4. 15" baskets
    5. Rare and unusual steering wheels/shift knobs
    6. Euro clusters
    7. 316 dash bezels
    316 dash bezels?

    Honest question... What am I missing.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    731 heads (from 323i)

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    1. Analog clocks (with pigtails if you are good)
    2. Foglight switches
    3. Any and all body parts (bumpers, etc) you can get home
    4. 15" baskets
    5. Rare and unusual steering wheels/shift knobs
    6. Euro clusters
    7. 316 dash bezels

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    sealed beams

    Leave a comment:


  • Maluco
    replied
    Originally posted by GT BMW E30
    My girlfriend and I will be taking a trip to Europe for a month soon. What items should I be on a look out to buy over there to bring and also ship back for my E30 (run-on sentence). I have an 87 325i convert.
    and last but not least...





    Leave a comment:


  • GT BMW E30
    started a topic What parts should I buy in Europe

    What parts should I buy in Europe

    My girl friend and I will be taking a trip to Europe for a month soon. What items should I be on a look out to buy over their to bring and also ship back for my E30. I have a 87 325i convert.
Working...