On the Vortex, there is always someone coming in there probably once a week to see if the German chapter wants to trade. Point being, most of the guys are American and in the military.
If you really want to experience Europe, join the military. You get paid, you can travel, you can experience the Nürburgring, hit all the junk yards you want (only they don't let you rumage and most of the parts are already taken) Except the JY outside of Ramstein. People would throw away the craziest shit. I found a couple sets of RS' and RM's, etc...
Man it was great.
but yeah, as a vacationer, you are not going to hit up the JYs there. Let alone will they let you in. Besides, I got the Euro Parts tree in my back yard.
What parts should I buy in Europe
Collapse
X
-
there is no way.I had some germans over (one is a car enthusiast) for business last week and they were laughing at what e30 M3's cost over here (we were talking about that $500 M3) and they said they could stick M3's in containers all day for me if i wanted (we can fit 4 per container)... Mike, you wanna help collect some old cheap M3's for me to import? ;) I think they were joking because in reality, they are all rusted out at this point.
it's cheaper 9 out of 10 times to buy a US spec M3 and buy a boat to bring it over. I know a guy who sold a E30 M3 SHELL (no windows, interior, wiring subframes... NOTHING BUT METAL) for 4,000 euro.
E30 M3's from germany are either scrap metal, sold and shipped out of the country, on the nurburgring, or sitting in a barn waiting to become a youngtimer car.Leave a comment:
-
whoo! you have the wrong idea entirely. its the land of economical, no options, bottom of the totem pole speck vehicle. Thats the way it is across the land. Large and luxurious vehicles are not rare, but not common at all.
Primarily, due to US auto regulations, European car makers are required to manipulate safety features and styling characteristics for US markets. Thats why many euro car parts are more desirable.
Leave a comment:
-
-
but i thought Germany was a magical place and every other car on the road was an e30 w/ a euro s38.Leave a comment:
-
you arent finding an E30 M3 over here for under 15000 dollars either. those guys were dreaming and had no idea.-- It almost seems like it is easier to find an e30 M3 for sale for a reasonable price in the U.S.---- tons of the M3s have been exported out of Germany to the rest of europe over the last 10 years-- when they were cheap.
maybe a E36 3.0 with a ton of miles can be had for under 10k but not even that is easy to find.Leave a comment:
-
we asked the same from blueix. did he do it? no. i watched his postings when he came back and found that he infact did not find anything worth while or something to the effect of no goodies, yet would not admit it in that first link above. i see hes posting again, why not bring him in to tell us how it went. His scenerio was the same as OP's.
I had some germans over (one is a car enthusiast) for business last week and they were laughing at what e30 M3's cost over here (we were talking about that $500 M3) and they said they could stick M3's in containers all day for me if i wanted (we can fit 4 per container)... Mike, you wanna help collect some old cheap M3's for me to import? ;) I think they were joking because in reality, they are all rusted out at this point.Leave a comment:
-
haha-- performance shops with e30 parts laying around..,,,,
obviously you have never even seen pics of germany! fast and furious has taken over over here, hell even e36s are too old to "hook up" now adays. you may have a bit of luck searching for e46 M3 copy bumpers and ebay china style parts. but yeah ok.
make sure to update this thread with all your goodies when you get back.Leave a comment:
-
Give it up, you're boned.
Are you sure your girlfriend WANTS to go to junkyards there? Sometimes when people have families, they like to visit them. Is your second girlfriend an E30 too? It would make sense for her to have relatives there... And she definitely speaks german with her bronzit label.Leave a comment:
-
-
Do you read the locations of the individuals giving you advice? At least three of us are responding FROM Germany. Take our advice and just enjoy Germany.Damn are you hooked on phonics. Have you read this thread. My girl speaks German/Portuguese/Spanish. She has family over their. I would find out first. Like I said if the junkyard does not workout, I will try a local performance shop for parts. You can not tell me they do not have shit laying around. Thank you for ur suggestion. I will try that also. THIS I SAY AGAIN IS A PLAN.......
Just to let you know I have been researching and chatting on e30.de.
Also, if you're going to insult someone about their* reading capabilities, please at least use proper English when doing it.
*This is the proper usage of "their".Leave a comment:
-
lol .. well its funny because i don't now . i just broke up with my last GF 3 weeks ago.Leave a comment:
-
-
Damn are you hooked on phonics. Have you read this thread. My girl speaks German/Portuguese/Spanish. She has family over their. I would find out first. Like I said if the junkyard does not workout, I will try a local performance shop for parts. You can not tell me they do not have shit laying around. Thank you for ur suggestion. I will try that also. THIS I SAY AGAIN IS A PLAN.......you are quite dense aren't you?
3 people have told you the truth about finding parts on a european vacation. read your own thread again.
it's hard as hell to find junk yards here. most don't have E30's anymore.
if you don't speak german, they will most likely not help you.
ebay.de is your friend.
e30.de is your friend.
ship them to your "family" then when you arrive, ship the parts home.
Just to let you know I have been researching and chatting on e30.de.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: