Fun Fact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Fact

The year is now 2009, which means the e30 just became a classic! Or at least the first e30 introduced to america. 1984 318i (my car) is now legally a classic!

I guess that is note worth!

I love m10 e30's - if you never driven one, you don't know how tossable they are.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

So what does that do exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        So what does that do exactly?
        i suppose it differs from state to state but in the HC it makes it legal for collector plates. no more fees but you have to have at least one vehicle in your name licensed as a normal car
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
          The year is now 2009, which means the e30 just became a classic! Or at least the first e30 introduced to america. 1984 318i (my car) is now legally a classic!
          Is that for california? The Antique Automobile Club of America defines it as 25 years old, so that's 1984 or prior, but some states are different. Pennsylvania says it's 15, connecticut I think was 25. Can't find california. DMV website seems to be useless.

Comment

GA is 24 or 25 iirc. it also means no emissions for metro atlanta, aka, straight pipes and no worries.

Comment

I could of sworn for Cali its some fixed date to have classic status.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                I could of sworn for Cali its some fixed date to have classic status.
                Pre 1974 no smog...

"Classic status" (Historical plates) is a hit and miss thing here.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                  Pre 1974 no smog...

"Classic status" (Historical plates) is a hit and miss thing here.
                  i think cali is 1975 and older. but im not sure. i know for a fact that if you own a car from 75's and down you do not need to smog anymore. cali dmv is useless no matter what. but it is defiantly 1975 and down. i know this for a fact because i had to go thew a world of shit to smog my 1976 2002, and did a lot of research and interrogation of dmv workers to figure the smog thing out.
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Yeah, my state considers my 89 a classic this year and it will be registered as such.

Couple stipulations with Minnesota Classic registration:

1. Car can be driven no more than 3000 miles a year. -No problem!

2. Must have another car registered in your name that is your DD. -No problem!

3. No yearly registration fees for cars with "Classic" status. -No problem!

4. Cars registered as "Classic" dont need to display a front plate. -NO FUCKING PROBLEM!
                    Originally posted by Simon S
                    When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

actually cali is 25 years or older, just like i said. other states im sure its different. but its cool that i can now say i have a classic BMW. im probably not gonna register mine as classic with the DMV though because i use mine as a DD and i don't want to have to only drive it 3000 miles a year. does anybody have a pic of the classic plate for cali? or classic plate for any other state?

Comment

my old 320/6:

Originally posted by Simon S
                        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
                          1. Car can be driven no more than 3000 miles a year. -No problem!
                          Hell, I know how to roll an odometer back already (not that I would do that - it's illegal, and I'm a law abiding citizen. So I'd never do such a thing)

3. No yearly registration fees for cars with "Classic" status. -No problem!
                          Oh god, I've been looking for a way to fuck over the DMV for years. Not that I would EVER do that. Ok, I lie. I would SO do that.

4. Cars registered as "Classic" dont need to display a front plate. -NO FUCKING PROBLEM!
                          [/quote]

Oh man, I'd love to see the look on a meter-maid's face when she is writing a ticket and I tell her that.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

classic car

Nice Euro Alpina.. The best thing is the price of insurance on the classic car. My 197 2002 is about $140 a year with Hagertys. Other insurance companies that do classics are cheaper. I was thinking of putting the 89 325iX under classic. MAybe 10,000 miles year. Let the odometer police come after my ass...
                            dlm ny
                            Attached Files

Comment

what happens if you register it as classic and you drive it more than 3000 miles a year?

Comment

Working...
                              X