No announcement yet.

-- ideas/recommendations --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i have the cup kit...h&r springs with bilstein shocks...so my suspension is good.

i was wondering...whats the lowest profile tire you can run on the basketweaves without looking ghetto or killing off my speedometer.

i just really really dont like alot of sidewall...it sucks actually!

Comment

The flywheel makes a huge difference on the M42. I'd recommend buying the 8lber through Turner.

Also, upgrading the brakes is great with such a nimble car. I spent $100 on the steel lines, $50 on PBR Metal Master pads, and $65 on OE Brembo rotors. It stops great, I love it.

Having a solid suspension is a must though. If you've got worn out control arm bushings and shock top mounts, get those replaced before anything else along with any failing ball joints that are clunking around.

Comment

[quote=rThor432;1368701] Also, upgrading the brakes is great with such a nimble car. I spent $100 on the steel lines, $50 on PBR Metal Master pads, and $65 on OE Brembo rotors. It stops great, I love it.

yea i replaced the control arms completely...everythings running good on the car..minus some brake issues when wet out...the brakes seem to go vibrate in the pedal as if the abs is kicking in hardcore when you push down....having it looked at...

anyone know the answer to the basket weave question?

Comment

[quote=matt40567;1368723]
          Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
          Also, upgrading the brakes is great with such a nimble car. I spent $100 on the steel lines, $50 on PBR Metal Master pads, and $65 on OE Brembo rotors. It stops great, I love it.

yea i replaced the control arms completely...everythings running good on the car..minus some brake issues when wet out...the brakes seem to go vibrate in the pedal as if the abs is kicking in hardcore when you push down....having it looked at...

anyone know the answer to the basket weave question?
          my brakes did the same thing... i would put some money into brakes if i was you. you can make your car as fast as you want but if you can't stop going fast sucks! when i get my next e30 the first thing i am going to do to it after tlc is brakes.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

is that how you met the bus??? haha...yea do you know what the deal is with them? i just dont wanna break my bank...i think my next big job is brakes...then a claybar...i think thats a must.

Comment

Originally posted by matt40567 View Post
              maintenance is in progress...been doing some work to the engine...replaced timing belt???, water pump, and a top engine rebuild...

chips: dinan,conforti, ebay?

and is it true that a simple super turbo muffler is an adequate quick fix for the m42 exhaust system?

oh..and what should i expect to pay in the way of the flywheel conversion..i really feel that to be necessary...
              sigpic

Comment

whats the question on the timing belt eh?

the guy i bought if from said he had the timing belt replaced...well...he said timing chain...but i assumed he meant timing belt.

Comment

Driving school.

Duh.
                  - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                  E36 325i sedan
                  E30 325i sedan
                  Volvo 945T

Comment

He meant chain, not belt. M42's have a timing chain.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

ah. well...my bad. its my first car with a timing chain. so he was right. i thought all along i had a belt..lol...thanks man!!

Comment

On your question with the tire size.

STAY STOCK! with basketweaves you should just run stock size with a good tire. If you don't like sidewall it is time for you to get new wheels.

and a tip for huge looking sidewalls is to keep the tire and wheel clean while also shining up the tire with some spray.
                        -tim
                        Originally posted by Jordan
                        I like the stance
                        -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Just put new Ziexs' on my rig. What a dif.

Comment

Do enigne tune first, replace/tune up what ever it needs. then do suspension next. then go for cosmetics

Comment

Originally posted by asuj158 View Post
                              Do drifting first, drift it. then drift more. then go total doritoz in the nearby parking lot with sponsors and shit.
                              - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                              E36 325i sedan
                              E30 325i sedan
                              Volvo 945T

Comment

I would suggest hollow core seat frames, aircraft grade milspec wiring harness, and maybe if you have the funds, lighter seat cushion foam, and aeronautical rivets instead of those 8/10mm bolts holding your exterior panels on. Trust me, I have the data.
                                "The fabric of safety, drowned in resin..." - KevlarWeave

Comment

Working...
                                X