Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Handle

Here is something interesting...

I'm not sure how many of you are BMWCCA members but in February's Roundel this article was published:

"In the November issue, Brian Aftanas waxes enthusiastic over the E30, but cites as a fault the location of the inside door handle. I have a theory regarding the design of the door which might please Mr. Aftanas. I have a good friend who grew up in Amsterdam, where it is imperative that drivers remain aware of the thousands of bicyclists that share the road. I've been told that drivers are taught to reach the door handle with their right hand, forcing them to look over their shoulder in the process. Try it sometime and you'll see what I mean. Since BMW's are designed to coexist in crowded European cities, this location of the door handle may have been intentional. There you go, Mr. Aftanas; now your E30 is perfect!"

Kind of weird but it makes sense.

Yeah, you hold the bar with your left hand and pull the handle with your right. Then, push the door out with your left hand. That's how it's supposed to be done, but a lot of my friends have a very hard time accepting this.
    cars beep boop

Comment

hmmmm

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
        Here is something interesting...

I'm not sure how many of you are BMWCCA members but in February's Roundel this article was published:

"In the November issue, Brian Aftanas waxes enthusiastic over the E30, but cites as a fault the location of the inside door handle. I have a theory regarding the design of the door which might please Mr. Aftanas. I have a good friend who grew up in Amsterdam, where it is imperative that drivers remain aware of the thousands of bicyclists that share the road. I've been told that drivers are taught to reach the door handle with their right hand, forcing them to look over their shoulder in the process. Try it sometime and you'll see what I mean. Since BMW's are designed to coexist in crowded European cities, this location of the door handle may have been intentional. There you go, Mr. Aftanas; now your E30 is perfect!"

Kind of weird but it makes sense.

have any door handles...

Comment

I just open it with my left hand and swing the door open with my elbow.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
              ya that's exactly what I do until i read this

Comment

I've never thought about it or had anyone baffled by the handle. Weird
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Well, at least nobody can call this a repost. I can't think of another thread relating to the proper door opening etiquette.
                  - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                  E36 325i sedan
                  E30 325i sedan
                  Volvo 945T

Comment

F door handles. Weld the doors like The Dukes Of Hazard and jump out the window. Or it might be there so its harder for you to whip open your door and take out a few bicyclists.

Comment

anyone who hasn't been an e30 owner has been baffled trying to get out of my car at least once.
                      Jay

Comment

are you high?

Comment

E21's = Best door handle ever.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

ive always wondered why people have had getting trouble out of my car. its pretty straight forward, no hidden handles like on some cars.

Comment

The ROLLCAGE in your car is to make you take a second and look around before exiting. The door handle is just there to confuse dumb whores.

My doors work really well. They don't rub or hit anything. I like the built-in adjustable hinges.

Ever closed a door on a nice 944? Best door-closing noise EVER. Just a clean, mechanical click. Nothing like it, expecially modern stuff.
                              sigpic

Mike

'91 325i track car. Mostly...

Comment

Working...
                              X