Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clean your injectors - before and after measurements...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean your injectors - before and after measurements...

I just got my injectors ultrasonic cleaned, flushed forward and back, and rebuild with new filters and rings. No doubt they had not been done before.

Here is the test chart showing before and after flow rates. These injectors are the early 80's Jetronic ones, but the same variance can apply to all injectors after 30 years of age.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0296.JPG
Views:	559
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	9862712

Injector 2 had a wild variance of 60/120 vs 86.5/173 when cleaned. The others not so bad, but still bad.

Comment

Looks a good result! Where did you get your injectors rebuilt? I may also get mine done sometime soon.
      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

KPM Performance at Edwardstown, just off South Road. $30 each, a bargain.

I have another 4 being done right now, and will match a perfect set of 6 out of 9 tested.

Comment

I’ve got to get this done eventually. My hope is that it would solve my rough idle problem. Everything has been replaced and checked including vacuum leaks which there are none of. Thanks for for sharing.
          90 Bronzit 325is
          16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

I just remembered I put this car off the road in 2006. So these injectors only had 22 years of use on them. And the last year of that was under my ownership, always using premium octane fuel and running fuel system cleaner regularly. Most E30 now over 30 years.
            Last edited by agisthos; 08-20-2019, 03:26 AM.

Comment

A video with real data from them would have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by drum4fun27302 View Post
                A video with real data from them would have been nice.
                Go get yours done and report back with a video.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

• drum4fun27302
                  drum4fun27302 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine work just fine , thank you very much.

Originally posted by agisthos View Post
                KPM Performance at Edwardstown, just off South Road. $30 each, a bargain.
                $30 each? Lol.

I hope they're in better condition than the remanufactured set you can get on ebay for $65. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Bos...6/282068177508
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Remember that we're in Australia - so the price you quote there for us including shipping is $128USD or $189AUD at the moment.

$30AUD per injector for a clean and rebuild including new seals and filters is pretty much the going rate here. A new set of Bosch injectors for a BMW 6 is somewhere between $360 & $500 depending on source.
                  My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I did come across some other injector rebuild/cleaning places, and they were $45-50 AUD per injector, not $30 like KPM.

I was going to buy a new set of injectors. but because they are early 80's rare, the genuine Bosch are selling for $300+ each. There is also much cheaper sources online. The problem is, there is a huge market of chinese counterfeights that can be purchased on aliexpress for $10 each. So when you see some online vendors who have 'new' injectors for $50 USD, I call bullshiite. Its obvious they are selling the fakes. Same numbers and logos in many cases.

The more i looked into it, the only way it seemed to get genuine was to buy the $300+ ones, or get 2nd hand from a wrecker and have them cleaned/serviced. So I chose the later.

I'm not sure what the price/supply situation is with the Motronic E30 injectors, which should be more readily available than the Jetronic ones.
                    Last edited by agisthos; 08-21-2019, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

$30 each? Lol.

I hope they're in better condition than the remanufactured set you can get on ebay for $65. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Bos...6/282068177508
                      Like I said above, they could just be aliexpress injectors purchased in bulk. They look new. I would pull your own from your car or a yard, and have them rebuilt yourself. And not just rebuilt, which anyone can do, but properly ultrasonic cleaned.
                      I doubt you can get this done for $60 though, probably $20 USD each.

Comment

Working...
                      X