Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 post lifts

anyone here own one? Opinion?
    i sold mine 5 years ago and am back in the market to buy one.

TIA
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

I have two Bend Paks

My opinion is-- having a 4 post lift is better than not having one. Maintenance/cost is minimal and rewards are high. If you can accommodate the space for one, go for it.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Like he said, If you have the space, do it, and make sure it’s got trolley jacks with decent lift. It’s one of those things you find incredibly useful once you have it.

That being said if it was a question of 4 post instead of a two post, then I’d say forget it, I’d take an asymmetric two poster any day. Also depends on your uses, bodywork or mech..

"In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
      Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Love my Rotary asymetric 2-post! I chose 2-post instead of 4-post because I do not use the lift for storage. Check out the garagejournal.com forum. More lift info than you will ever need. Very few made in the USA.

Called my go-to indy BMW shop today and the owner said, "It's been a while." Lift is the reason why.

Cory
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Thanks everyone
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
          X