Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Shipping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Auto Shipping

    Anyone have a company they prefer? Looking to move 2 cars open bed from VA to OR in a few weeks. I’ve done this like 6-7 times now, and somehow can never remember who I used in the past that was good. I got “Uship” app and best bid I got was $3500, down from $4500. That seems crazy based on past experience......$4500 should almost get you enclosed transport for 2 cars. Or has the market changed that much in 2.5-3 years since I did this last? I feel like I shipped 3 cars for a little over 3k that time. Anyway, mostly just looking for recs, thanks!
    e92 M3
    e30 M3 s52 swap
    w203 C240 wagon (DD)
    190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

    #2
    https://www.corsia.us/ was pretty fast.
    But most of these companies are just dispatchers, they call other companies that have empty spaces on their trailers.

    Comment


      #3
      I think rates did go up. A few years ago, like 2015, I shipped a couple cars from Cali to Michigan for less than $1000 each, now it's around $1500.
      My Feedback

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
        https://www.corsia.us/ was pretty fast.
        But most of these companies are just dispatchers, they call other companies that have empty spaces on their trailers.
        Nice, just called them, super easy, quoted just under $2900 total for both cars. Thanks!
        e92 M3
        e30 M3 s52 swap
        w203 C240 wagon (DD)
        190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

        Comment


          #5
          BLIMEY! i paid 2,000 and that was someone to collect my e30 in Tampa Florida, and drop it off to my house in London.

          so the prices you have been quoted are bloody outrageous.

          I drove a 325e across America and now i am shipping it home to London, England

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
            BLIMEY! i paid 2,000 and that was someone to collect my e30 in Tampa Florida, and drop it off to my house in London.

            so the prices you have been quoted are bloody outrageous.
            But that's $2,600, almost twice as expensive. He was quoted $1,450.

            Did they deliver the car with the steering wheel inserted into the glove box?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

              But that's $2,600, almost twice as expensive. He was quoted $1,450.

              Did they deliver the car with the steering wheel inserted into the glove box?
              my astonishment was more based on his initial quote, and i believe it was 1,860 which is circa $2,400 that i paid and that included the import tax too.

              and nope, the steering wheel is unfortunately still on the wrong side.

              I drove a 325e across America and now i am shipping it home to London, England

              Comment


                #8
                Yeah haha, when I saw $4500 I just laughed. Not today ISIS :)
                e92 M3
                e30 M3 s52 swap
                w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

                Comment


                  #9
                  I had my E30 shipped from Destin to Los Angeles for $825 open transport.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    My S3 is being shipped from Marietta, GA to Austin for $600. No idea what company they're using, could find out I guess.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X