Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen a car used for drug running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen a car used for drug running?

Drugs, cash or any other contraband? I ask because I think my car may have used for some funky stuff before.

When I bought my '84, the first time I filled up I realized I could only get ~6 or so gallons in when it was completely empty. Didn't think much of it because it nailed down good gas mileage compared to my turbo trans am. But one of the first times I was under the car I was poking around and realized the driver side of the gas tank was loose and empty. I replaced a missing bolt and noticed the cross over pipe on the bottom of the tank was filled in with epoxy or something. Whatever. Fast forward 8 years or so an I'm finally getting around to replacing the tank. Well I dropped it today and found it cut in half, welded back together and a secret hatch bolted to the top of the now empty cavern on the driver side. There was nothing in it, unfortunately but still super weird. I'll upload pictures of the tank here in a second.
    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
    Manual swap all the things!

Not the first time I've heard of this actually! There was an M3 that had a similar treatment done. Pretty wild lives some of our cars lived

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...ese-pics/page7

Comment

Well, evidently I'm not smart enough to host images so here's an Instagram link.

84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350

Comment

damn...crazy!!
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
          Not the first time I've heard of this actually! There was an M3 that had a similar treatment done. Pretty wild lives some of our cars lived

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...ese-pics/page7
          Wow, it took me a bit to read through that but it's crazy similar. Mine didn't have any fancy electrical door or anything but then again mines not an m3. Haha

Comment

That's definitely shady! Pretty cool at the same time to find, I always love to know the lives these old cars have lived.

80's coke runner, Miami Vice style lol
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

There was a post, maybe on here or the FB R3V, of a shift knob in an 80s BMW that has a secret compartment. Basically the roundel slides around reveals a hollow shift knob. I guess great for more potent stuff in the 80s.It would only open in 4th gear, something to do with a fancy mechanism inside that knew the angle of the shift knob.
              OBD1 S52 E36 Compact
              84 318i M10 Zender

Comment

Working...
              X