Advice of fixing my wrecked 91 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice of fixing my wrecked 91 318is

Hey all! It’s been years since I’ve been on here as I wrecked my e30 about 5 years ago unfortunately. I stilll own it and wish to get it finally back on the road as I love it too much to see it go to waste. I wasn’t paying attention and ran into the rear of an suv. I swerved left right before the impact and hit it with my passenger side front. It pretty much caved in the top front. Luckily I had it pretty low at the time, so I think the bumper support base was not damaged. It did crinkle in front of the strut tower completely and slightly more damage behind it. The drivers side is not compromised.I know this is usually a case of just get another and move on, but I want to fix it if not completely out there of an idea. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I have access to an e30/vintage/part out business near by and seeing what you guys think before I go buy a front end. Thank you for your time

Comment

A good frame machine operator would make quick work of that. Locally we have had far worse spec e30's that our favorite local was able to straighten back out.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I had a similar advice thread a coupe years ago. Took a lot of work after I got the frame straightened, and finding a donor to cut out more then I needed to trim back and weld in made it easier. As long as the door and windshield are still perfect, then the rest can be made to work. I had to use some washers in places to get the fenders all aligned, but the underlying metal doesn't have to be millimeter perfect. The full story and end results here.

Comment

Working...
        X