What is in this trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is in this trunk?

This is mounted behind a removable, factory looking panel in the trunk of a European-spec 325i. Car looks like it has the bracket up top for a since-removed factory CD player. Is this related? I haven't seen something like it in an E30 before..

There was an option on euro cars for an aux fuel tank. I dont know if that is what that mount is for, but could be.
    My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Looks to me there is an ecu/dme mounted on the back side of that bracket. You say it’s in the trunk? Wierd.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

That's in your trunk? That is weird. Unbolt it without unplugging and see if it has a part number?

Comment

For all curious, BOSCH 0 260 002 086, automatic transmission control unit. Would make sense as this is an auto to manual swapped car. Did not know the auto included one of these in the trunk!

Comment

my 89 was an auto and did not have one of those bolted in the trunk
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I’ve seen that before and it turned out to be for those automatics with the separate “123” selector knob.

Comment

Does your car have this option?

Comment

The first of electronic transmissions. Pretty rare to have the button, only seen one out of the thousands of e30's we have worked on over the years.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Yep! It's got the "S/E/1-2-3" selector knob. Has the headlight adjustment system as well...pretty late model car with some interesting options.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                      The first of electronic transmissions. Pretty rare to have the button, only seen one out of the thousands of e30's we have worked on over the years.
                      They seem to be more common in cars outside of the North-American market. Seen quite a few grey market cars in Canada with them and a friend of mine has owned two e30's with them. Also seen a few in e28's.

Originally posted by gregs325is View Post
                      Yep! It's got the "S/E/1-2-3" selector knob. Has the headlight adjustment system as well...pretty late model car with some interesting options.
                      Very cool! I'm guessing your car is an import, possibly even a touring, given the headlight adjustment option?

Comment

Working...
                      X