I want another e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want another e30

But what the hell is with these prices? I'm in the market for a beater daily, and REALLY want a 318is.

But damnit, the good ol' days are gone of dragging a neglected e30 out of a field for $500.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

They are still out there if you're patient. I just got a running 87 sedan for $1000 earlier this month. But yeah prices are crazy now.
    1987 325 Turbo

Comment

I know of an Alpine 318 slicktop... sedan... but CA car that just got resurrected. Still needs some love (cracked dash, needs carpet and a few other odds and ends) Not $1000, but also not $10,000 haha
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

quite a few affordables up here in 206 sent from hell using Tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I know of an Alpine 318 slicktop... sedan... but CA car that just got resurrected. Still needs some love (cracked dash, needs carpet and a few other odds and ends) Not $1000, but also not $10,000 haha
          I would love some more info on this one

Comment

Prices are threw the roof, Haven't looked around or found anything worth saving lately. I had last gotten a rusty/high miles/bad trans 325is with hail damage for $1000 in early 2019. unfortunately it had Raceland coilovers on it and I missed seeing the rear arch was rusted out. Parted some of the parts out and sold it. Didn't need another big project at that time.

Comment

They’re antique cars in high demand (especially in original condition), that’s just the way prices go for these kinds of things. In my area people want 5k-7k USD for beat up early models. In 10 years I expect prices to double as these cars get rarer (and there’s also the inflation factor)
              1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
              1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

E30s have always been in demand, people have long realized the value of them as cars. As to them being antique, it might depend on your age, but to me, they are fairly modern, albeit basic cars. Ultimately, they have less and less real value as prices increase they transition away from being useful objects in to the realm of collectable crap that no longer serves any real function.

Comment

true rogue... but to those that know, value and maintain an engineering feat of beauty... it will run and run. I'm proving it. albeit pricey at times it's worth every penny invested. it's not for sale, it's my coffin. we're lookin to sell the 85 325e though. she's a great daily. solid little beast. we need an another 'i' car! sent from hell using Tapatalk
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  '90 325i sedan daily driven
                  '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    Ultimately, they have less and less real value as prices increase they transition away from being useful objects in to the realm of collectable crap that no longer serves any real function.
                    They’re only worth it if you buy a D+ rated ETA Sedan, one of which I’m tempted by currently
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

They’re only worth it if you buy a D+ rated ETA Sedan, one of which I’m tempted by currently
                      Best value is an "F," best actual car is probably an "E." Everything else is overrated junk, probably.

Comment

Working...
                      X