Removing the hood insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the hood insulation

My window washer hose seems to be broken or detached in the area behind the hood insulation.

Can I just pull on the area around the clips and detach this and re-attach it easily? I pulled a little and then got a little anxious when it didn't release easily?

Would love to be able to use my window washer fluid again, haha!

The insulation itself is in good shape as well, would hate to destroy it in the process.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

make sure you have another set of clips(pins to reattach. they may break when removing them. the whole thing should come off easily... sent from hell using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
      make sure you have another set of clips(pins to reattach. they may break when removing them. the whole thing should come off easily... sent from hell using Tapatalk
      Thanks for the heads up, that makes sense, especially if I have to use some force to pull them out.
      Do you mean these? Part #51481915964.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...&q=51481915964

Comment

yes. those. you might be able to find em at a good auto parts store. sent from hell using Tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
          yes. those. you might be able to find em at a good auto parts store. sent from hell using Tapatalk
          Mine had a mice nest underneath it when I bought the car, it was disgusting, plus there was a hole in it. ! I dumped it and went with the three panel foam insulation pieces instead.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Mine had a mice nest underneath it when I bought the car, it was disgusting, plus there was a hole in it. ! I dumped it and went with the three panel foam insulation pieces instead.
            Is that a OEM option too?

Comment

Originally posted by pj29 View Post

Is that a OEM option too?
              Yes, some cars had just adhered foam panels, and others had the cloth type sound insulation, normally with adhered foam panels underneath. I think the cloth panel was pretty much a higher trim level car thing, since it seems like 318i and ETA models didn't get one from the factory, but there was probably some factory variation in installation.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Yes, some cars had just adhered foam panels, and others had the cloth type sound insulation, normally with adhered foam panels underneath. I think the cloth panel was pretty much a higher trim level car thing, since it seems like 318i and ETA models didn't get one from the factory, but there was probably some factory variation in installation.
                Yea my 325is came with the cloth. I personally like the foam look better (maybe because my cloth was a mess).

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                X