Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the game!

Story time!

Back in 2012, my uncle visited us in Georgia in his 1990 325is. As soon as I saw his car I fell in love. He took me for a ride and I was sold! I bought my first E30 325is which was awesome. Sold it and then got a 318is slick top. Sold it when I graduated college and bought a truck. I always regretted selling my E30s and knew I would get another one day.

Fast forward to 2023. Got married and had two kids. Since the kids are a little older now, I called my uncle in Orlando and told him to be on the lookout for another E30.

I got a call from him last week. He told me his best friend decided to sell his 1989 Convertible 325i bronzit. I didn’t know how I felt about it being a convertible, but it was too nice to pass up and it was a 1 owner vehicle, 5 speed, with every mechanical record from 1989! Crazy!

I’ve never owned a diving board bumper car, but it truly doesn’t look bad in person. I must admit, I may like the convertible better than the coupe or sedan. Nothing like driving around a 5 speed with the top down :)

Everything I’ve done so far:

- water pump
    - timing belt
    - coolant flush
    - alignment
    - lubricate every moving part and cable
    - full interior detail
    - polish chrome bumpers ( didn’t turn out great)
    - H&R sport springs
    - Bilstein Shocks and struts

Pics:
    Last edited by blizake500; 02-11-2023, 08:10 PM.

I love the bronzit and tan interior combination!
    Looks like a very clean car in the pictures.

What are your plans for it?

Comment

Love the vert, so clean. I don't know how i feel about convertibles, but after moving out to California from Atlanta, it is a no brainer.. congrats
      1993 325iC
      1998 M3
      1987 535iS

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
        I love the bronzit and tan interior combination!
        Looks like a very clean car in the pictures.

What are your plans for it?

I really don’t know. It’s completely stock besides the wheels so I may just let it sit the way she is. The only thing killing new is the speaker system. I would love to replace the speakers, add an amp and sub.

Comment

Originally posted by arcpolo View Post
          Love the vert, so clean. I don't know how i feel about convertibles, but after moving out to California from Atlanta, it is a no brainer.. congrats
          Thank you so much! Yes, pictures truly don’t do this car Justice. It’s so clean I couldn’t wait to hand the seller the cash and load it up! E30’s that aren’t molested are so hard to come by these days.

Comment

Working...
          X