Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my m20 goes to ///M20 - M3 look

Hi to all E30 Fanatic!

I would like to share with you guys me newest project...

The project has been started in this year in january and ended in two month after. I bought the car for four years and it was a m20b20 with 129 HP. After the engine has given up I transplanted a m20b25 engine in to the car. I drive the car with a very short differential 4.11. so the car is quick however the top speed isn't that high as could be. At the moment I am very happy with that engine I use this car as weekend fun car and do not drive it every day.

Maybe in the future I will change the engine to a M50B25 with 192 HP but now I am happy to own the car as it.

For this project I used OEM BMW fenders and rear window frame and the trunk is also original. The bumpers, side skirts, EVO Wing are aftermarked pieces. I am planning to put on the Cecotto front or EVO splitter to complete the Look.

I painted the car in Nogaro Silber and smoked the Star Tec tail light a bit more.

The car was a facelift modell so I had to change the rear bodypanel too, and refinished the doors also.

Currently I am running RH ZW1 in 8,5x17 and 9,5x17 with TOYO's in 215/40 size allround. The car is dropped on Supersport springs and coils 60/40. I have to change them to KONI in the future.

So I hope you like my car and do not mind to post it here

Here is how my car looked as I bought it

and today

some work in progress pics

you can watch the whole build up story here

;-);-)

Wow nice work! This is what we could do with all those bronzit e30's! New color and you've got a knock off m3 that looks genuine.

Comment

Waow!!! GREAT work!! I want to see more pics!!

Looks better than some M3's I've seen, haha!
      sigpic
      Evolution of My E30 M3Recent PicsSC*AR

Comment

Wow, Good job. Don't forget the antenna! Beautiful car.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          Wow, Good job. Don't forget the antenna! Beautiful car.
          And the S14, haha j/k

I would leave the roof virgin, love the shaved look and if I strip my car down I will be loosing the antenna.
          sigpic

Comment

thank you guys for the kind world;)

here are couple of more pictures: http://www.bimmerteam.hu/gallery/thu....php?album=133

and I like this one

I am planning to change the wheels to BBS CH 17 inch... the RH looks old skool and I love racing look more...

Comment

this posts needs more hungarian chicks ;-)

nice car mate ;-)
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I definitely like the car, any particular reason you didn't just buy an M3 with an S14, and 5 lugs already...not saying I don't like the wheels, cause I LOVE them....just asking.
                BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerteam.hu View Post
                  thank you guys for the kind world;)

here are couple of more pictures: http://www.bimmerteam.hu/gallery/thu....php?album=133

and I like this one

I am planning to change the wheels to BBS CH 17 inch... the RH looks old skool and I love racing look more...
                  I actually LOVE your wheels as is. But I also know all about wanting to change up rims - it's an addiction..
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow I can not imagine the monetary amount to mod this car. It had to be cheaper sourcing a 320iS or a real M3. Shop did a nice job.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

The whole project cost me less than a bad condition E30 M3 on the market, with 100.000 of kilometers and 10 pre owners... and I do not have the money for a real M3 in good condition which cost around 15-19k on the market.

The OEM fenders cost me around 800 Euros new, and I could sell some E30 stuff like M-Paket for good money. Then I collected used M3 parts like the rear window frame and trunk. The two bumpers, two side skirts, EVO spoiler with carbon wing cost about 600 Euros.

The next reason was the challenge. Can I do this or not... I enjoyed to create something different, something new.

At the end I know I do not have a M3 but I am very happy with the result.

About the wheels. I like the RH too but would like to have some more sporty looking wheels because the M3 was build for race and I think some Motorsport style wheels going better with this car shape. Hope I will not regret the change :D if yes, I sell the BBS and take the RH's
                      Last edited by bimmerteam.hu; 05-05-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

You did EXACTLY what I have been wanting to do for like the last 5 years. This is my new favorite thread, you did an amazing job. :up:

Julien, my wife is Hungarian, I could post some pics of her for ya. :D

Comment

Nice car man!
                          09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                          05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                          87 BMW 325is
                          a few bicycles

Comment

thats awesome. nice transformation
                            AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CAOSyAMOR View Post
                              And the S14, haha j/k

I would leave the roof virgin, love the shaved look and if I strip my car down I will be loosing the antenna.
                              CAOSyAMOR your car looks awesome. Like a new one from the Showroom love it

Comment

Working...
                              X