E30 Motor Werks Grand Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Motor Werks Grand Opening

Today I went to Peerless (Robert)'s Grand Opening of his E30 only mechanic shop. It was pretty fun, I got to meet a lot of Socal guys on the forum. There was a couple nice cars, a tuner girl (car model, whatever they're called), a barbeque, parts for sale, and overall a fun time.
    Here are the pics I took, I mainly took pics of the things that caught my eye (be it a good or bad thing), but I took a bunch pics so here they are.

Somebody here had the fusebox cover from another BMW model on their fusebox, earlier BMW models had what each fuse did written on the fusebox itself... I wish BMW would have done this with the e30. The guy who sells the stickers that say what each fuse does has the right idea, if only he sold new fusebox covers that actually had what each fuse did printed like the older BMW's had.... I'd buy that in a heartbeat

Interesting mirror setup, not an e30 mirror

beautiful M coupe

Euro Tail light delete panels... oh no wait, those are smoked tails

Pretty nice looking bucket seats, they remind me of the 1600 TISA seats

Some handy fusework...

Kronus's Car

My toolkit (as it stand so far) with the numerous free intensive wash caps I gave away, the red e28 cap was given away before this pic

My arsenal I took to the show (2 microfiber towels, Griots rubber prep, Griots chrome polish, Invisible glass wipes, megs leather wipes, dash prep, oil)

Jack, chock, lug wrench

The box under my car is a box of parts of which I sold none because when I looked in it i realized all that's left is stuff nobody would want, so it stayed under my car

I got to display my working Headlamp cleaning system to everybody, I think they all were impressed and liked it.

Not a stock color but interesting to look at, very cool exhaust

I love Z3 M Coupes

It's cool how the rear wheels have an offset from factory

The following two pics helped me with understanding how to go about my next project that starts this monday... :p

Tech 2 trunk spoiler with rare italian 3rd brake light, I think, the bottom had the logo in the second pic, the top of the spoiler with the light looked OEM m tech but I could be wrong

S14 lying around in the shop getting ready to be rebuilt for a customer who wants to build an M2 (2002 with S14 for those of you who don't know what an M2 is)

In the shop

The airbox in the m3 was beautiful. It's a DTM replica airbox and was carbon fiber and awesome. the pics don't do it justice

The white vert is being restored for a lady to give to her husband when he gets back from Iraq in a few months

I've never actually seen an e30 vert in person, it's narrower than the coupe, now I see why the rear seat doesn't fit in a coupe

cool saab parked near the shop

For Sale Tables

The only M3 i've ever seen without a rear spoiler.... personally I'd leave it on but to each his own

This was a very interesting car. I'm sure you've seen the guy on these forums with the Mtech blau interior, this is him, he hasn't gotten the mtech interior in the car yet, but it was a nice car. the paint was very good.

The interesting part about his car was... slicktop! I've never seen one in person before, the headliner looks so un-natural to me

He had remote locking installed into a key that looked identical to the e46 key, and bluetooth installed to where the check panel should be, and something else for the stereo... weatherman... or trafficman, something like that I can't remember

His tech 1 trunk spoiler was interesting for me to see, in my opinion it didn't look as good in person as I would hope for it to look, but I guess I need to see a pic with euro chrome bumpers and on an early model with early model tails for me to imagine it on my car. But it did look very minty on his car due to the brand new paint.. i think

Racing Dynamic rear apron

AC Schnitzer Side Skirts

Back to the rest of the meet

Block on a rotisserie

And at the top of the workbench, the #1 best tool you can get for e30's

Congrats on the shop Robert!

Very cool pics, wish I could have gone, but the distance played a big factor.

BTW the cabrio in his shop belongs to Jason(aka DK here).

Lots of good work going into that car.

Comment

///M without a spoiler looks bad, along with the mtech 2 spoiler with brake light..
      PNW E30 Crew : 1991 E30 S50, 2000 E39 M5

sigpic

Follow my S50 build
      : MY S50 E30

Follow me on instagram : @damendesign

E30 T-Shirts | M3 T-Shirts /Prints

Comment

Great pics man. I saw that M Coupe in a mag I have. Really good write up.

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
        :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

thats a sick meet. looks like fun
          AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

Nice pics! I was planning on going but went up to the Ireland/Groma meet to buy a part from Matt. Wasn't enough time to go back down to Huntington Beach. = /
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

dam those are some nice cars. I wish my fuckn tec 1 wing fit like that guys.

also: your car gives me a chubby.

Comment

some of those cars look great

Comment

more pics of m3 with spoiler delete please

Comment

damn thats my new happy place.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by felonies View Post
                      more pics of m3 with spoiler delete please
                      They are little 1 inch nylon plastic caps. it isn't complicated.

these are the only two i have

Comment

Working...
                      X