Cracked OIL Pan!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
    skid plates dont help, just cause less clearance and more noise. just be careful
    right, and skidplates don't help prevent damage to the oil pan. in fact they are just for show, as they have no function whatsoever.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
      right, and skidplates don't help prevent damage to the oil pan. in fact they are just for show, as they have no function whatsoever.
      when you have an e30 as low as mine was, its pointless, i could get around things fine, but with a skid plate i literally would have almost no clearance, and sparks would fly constantly.

so yes, for me, its pointless

PS i like how you think you know all your shit and try to talk down someone like me... hahaha

Comment

Who cares if sparks fly? It's a skid plate.

Comment

i got mine welded for 50 bucks...rock solid now

Comment

Just found this randomly.
            Looks legit.

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
              when you have an e30 as low as mine was, its pointless, i could get around things fine, but with a skid plate i literally would have almost no clearance, and sparks would fly constantly.

so yes, for me, its pointless

PS i like how you think you know all your shit and try to talk down someone like me... hahaha
              i'm not talking down to you. by suggesting i think i "know all my shit", and assuming that i don't, you are talking down to me. and who is "someone like you"? i don't know you, and don't know the extent of your E30 knowledge. i apologize if i offended you or attacked your E30 intelligence.

the fact is, you said "skid plates don't help, just cause less clearance and more noise. just be careful". that is an generalized statement indicating that skid plates only put you closer to the ground and make noise, ignoring the fact they they also can protect your oil pan from significant damage. just because they might not help you doesn't mean they don't help anyone else. you could've said "skid plates don't help me because..." and then we wouldn't be having this discussion right now because you would have distinguished between your own situation and the situation of most drivers.
              http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

And if your car is so low that a skid plate scrapes all over the place, then not only is it too low, but it is likely under sprung and under damped.

Comment

alright, cool you guys win, i was lower and i never drove it far. but i never had a hard impact on any of my cracked pans, it would always wear away slowly from hitting road turtles and small rocks ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X