No announcement yet.

Project Barn Built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rears are 16x8 with 43 mm adapters. Fronts are 16x7 with 38.5 mm adapters. I am working on a set of 16x9's so I can put the 16x8's up front, and move some tires around for more stretch then a bigger adapter up front.

Comment

If for some reason you don't see the need for center caps, please give them to me. I have ARE's and would like some. :)
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by hootie View Post
        Here are some pics taken by Mike at Fluid Motor Union (btw these guys are amazing and do basically any work you throw at them):

WARNING: I AM PARKED ON A SPEED BUMP IN THIS PICTURE. THIS WAS WHERE I WAS PARKED WHEN I WALKED TO THE CAR AND DIDNT FEEL LIKE MOVING IT BEFORE I TOOK ONE. I AM NOT TRYING TO PRETEND THAT MY EXHAUST IS .5 INCH OFF THE GROUND.

This looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by constructor View Post
          This looks great!
          Thanks. I should have some more pictures of it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post

Get car, get BBS, go low as possible
            I think this quote is worthy of quoting. In fact, i think i will put it in my signature.

for a little while anyway.

Comment

Good call.. but i am still not as low as possible

Comment

Originally posted by FetusGoulash View Post
                Good call.. but i am still not as low as possible
                Hey I am gonna do shadowline soon. When you did the rear doors did you paint it with the door open or did you just mask everything and paint it with the door closed?

The rear kink is the hardest part to paint.

Comment

Originally posted by hootie View Post
                  Hey I am gonna do shadowline soon. When you did the rear doors did you paint it with the door open or did you just mask everything and paint it with the door closed?

The rear kink is the hardest part to paint.
                  Just put a length of tape under the lip of the chrome trim. you should be able to slide it underneath with no problem. i left the doors closed the whole time and it worked fine and the paint seemed to get into the areas below the door line. the only issue i have is where the slider clamp piece is on the back end of the drip rail, since it can be moved along the rail it has moved a 10th of an inch and i can see exposed chrome now.

Comment

I think this warrants the creation of a slammed 4-door-on-dishweaves-club. I hope to be a member of it someday.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Looks great for a $300 find!!! Love the early look. I've got plans on dropping my '87 about 2-3 inches overall for that slammed 4 door look!! Black car with flat black Rotas for now. Haven't firmed up the overall paint yet.
                      Some people just need a sympathetic pat...
                      on the head...
                      WITH A HAMMER!!!

Comment

Well I finally got a chance to test fit the OZs, and well, it was less than exciting. The seller told me they were only 10.5" wide, he was short by 1".

25mm adapter with 15x11.5 wheel

The barrels are waaay to wide and hit the suspension as well as the unibody. Not to mention the massive poke already. So its either rebuild with smaller barrels or space them out even further and completely rebuild the fender arches. Not what i feel like doing right now.

So I test fit the D90's as well just to give myself a comparison.
                        25mm adapter with 16x8 wheel

Comment

Oh and i picked up coilover sleeves the other day so i can build some proper suspension

Bonus points to whoever can identify that car on the right ;)

Comment

now just get M3 quarters and you'll be alright with fitment..:D

Comment

Originally posted by FetusGoulash View Post
                              Oh and i picked up coilover sleeves the other day so i can build some proper suspension

Bonus points to whoever can identify that car on the right ;)
                              I was going to say golf... But I scrolled up a bit and now I'm thinking Volvo? Pics please either way :D

R.H.D
                              M-technic I club

Comment

Dude. Pick up some spare rear quarter panels, cut them up and get some IE flares and run the OZs. Would be so hawt.

Buy My Car

Comment

Working...
                                X