map light mirror for the win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

map light mirror for the win.

got it in today and I love it especially after having the head liner or whatever you call out it the last couple of days and not having any sun visors haha.

I also picked up a new check panel today as well.

here are the two side by side. what were the differences in the cars? just the years? I dont know. i believe this check panel came out of a PB but I am not quite sure.

here are the pics of it of both of them

I will do a write up later on it. it is very simple to do once i sought out help and figured out what to do. just have to be very gentle with everything.

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997
    anything you need I can find just shoot a PM

Just so everyone knows. The actual plug for the maplight mirror is on the driver side of the car behind the kick panel/speaker. So if you dont want to splice into wires that are not for the maplight mirror now you know where the plug is..

Comment

where do i get replacement bulbs for the maplight?
      Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbolt View Post
        where do i get replacement bulbs for the maplight?
        The

Dealer

Comment

haha well i just used insulator peircing clips to get to the wires, much better then splicing, (i think haha) and it worked out very well and grounded to the same place where the sunroof does with out doing anything to that wire. very easy and simple and no running of wires down the car. ha.

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997

Comment

just realized the difference between the two check panels.. euro and US.

Comment

Cool...I gotta maplight mirror in my car. Are they fairly common or not?
              1988 325i Vert
              1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Should we change the name since no one seems to use maps anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchman View Post
                  Should we change the name since no one seems to use maps anymore?
                  What would you change it to?

The Masturbation-Voyeur Light? You can flip it on so people next to you at stop lights have a great view of the fapping.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                  And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

do all e30's come with wiring for the maplight?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
                      What would you change it to?

The Masturbation-Voyeur Light? You can flip it on so people next to you at stop lights have a great view of the fapping.
                      88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by 89isluv View Post
                        do all e30's come with wiring for the maplight?
                        i think all e30s have a common body wiring harness with connections for different options, and the options are either there or they arent. bmw still does this today.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                        X