No announcement yet.

New 89 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is the mtech2 wheel? getting recovered?

Comment

Originally posted by sl0ride View Post
      where is the mtech2 wheel? getting recovered?
      yup;)

Nürburgring info

Comment

what style leather did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by sl0ride View Post
          what style leather did you go with?
          I'm gonna get it done like this pic I found:

Nürburgring info

Comment

Alright, so I got the heater box out and found where the leaks are. If you look at the pic, you can barely see the rust holes around the opening of the firewall where the heater box goes:

They're very small holes but enough to let water seep in. I'm gonna get to repairing that pretty soon.

But while the box was out, I got all the gunk off the fan blades so now it rotates without vibrating. I replace the heater core with a brand new one. I'm also gonna replace the foam seals for the box.

Box out:

Gunk and old seals off:

Here's the old heater core full of 21 years of crud:

Hopefully I'll be able to fix the leaks this weekend and get the box back in the car. Then the real fun begins....

Nürburgring info

Comment

I like that Tech 2 wheel covering--where'd that come from?

Comment

Wow, great project and I love the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                  I like that Tech 2 wheel covering--where'd that come from?
                  I can't remember. I found it on the net when I was searching for MtechII wheels...

Nürburgring info

Comment

So. Many. Parts. NICEE

Comment

Had most of the weekend to work on the car at my shop.

Put new seals on the heater box.

Fixed the leaks in the firewall.

Heater box is back in.

Had some time to run new wires for the stereo. On the drivers side in the trunk we have front signal wires, front left main and tweet wires, aux in for the BlitzSafe, CD changer cable, CD changer power and bus line, and remote turn-on.

On the passengers side trunk we have front right main and tweet wires and remote bass control cable. What can't be seen is the rear speaker wires that are run on the passengers side; rears will be run off the deck.

Driver's side kick panel.

Passenger's side kick panel.

Here you can see the rear speaker wires running on the passenger's side. I ran the aux cable and the CD changer power/bus wire and remote turn-on wires up the middle of the car cuz there was no more room on the drivers side to fit the wires. I hope this doesn't cause any problems...

Here's the trunk after I put the junk yard carpet in.

Also did some work in the engine bay. Hoodliner (junkyard), washer bottle (junkyard), washer hoses (new).

Re-painted wiper arms. New covers for the wiper arm nuts. New fresh-air intake grills.

I also started to work on the alarm. This is the first time I've ever installed an alarm so I'm taking it slow. I'm good at stereos but alarms are new to me.

Relays for lock, un-lock, dome light, high-beams, and turn signals.

Well that's what I've got done from Satuday to today, Monday. I'm hoping to get the alarm in this week and then the interior is going in. Sadly, the stereo is gonna have to wait until next year since I'll be gone till then. But that will be a new thread...

Nürburgring info

Comment

Gone again??? Are you going across the pond? Glad to see it's getting finalized.

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
                        :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Alright. The past week I've been working on getting the interior finished. Turned out pretty good. On to the pics:

Here's how it started on Monday

Putting in the rear floor heating ducts. The car didn't come with them so there were no studs on the floor to bolt them in. I sprayed the top of them with 3M sticky spray to hold them in place once the carpet went in.

After fighting with the carpet and getting bloody fingers and knuckles, it finally went in.

Front seats in:

Brand new rear deck. The old one was too far gone to save. Premium speaker housings have Polk co-axial speakers in them. They'll be run directly off the deck.

And the audio teaser pic. C43 going in the dash to run the system. Right now it's just sitting in there not hooked up. I'll be doing the audio install next year.

Nürburgring info

Comment

And now on to the better pics. You'll notice I switched to the M tech2 wheel, still gotta get it re-finished.

So that's where I'm at today. Still have a few small things to take care of. If it ever stops raining here, I'll get some good exterior shots once I wash the car...

Nürburgring info

Comment

Damn you do work.

I really like that M-tech door sill.
                              -Nick
                              Originally posted by 87e30
                              First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

absolutely love the seats, i'm looking for some right now to put into my 89.

Comment

Working...
                                X