• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
    Do they make 17 or 18 inch weaves?
    They make these.

Comment

You gotta get some coilovers! I mean, you bought a rear parcel shelf new from BMW but you can't spring for a quality suspension?

:razz:
      Reminiscing...

Comment

I think ride height is great...to low is just not for a DD car...

you should get smoked front indicators...looks great with diamant schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
          You gotta get some coilovers! I mean, you bought a rear parcel shelf new from BMW but you can't spring for a quality suspension?

:razz:
          I bought a brand new Bilstein/H&R Sport setup because this is going to be my daily driver in the spring/summer. Coilovers are for my e46.

Originally posted by cro320 View Post
          I think ride height is great...to low is just not for a DD car...

you should get smoked front indicators...looks great with diamant schwarz
          ^ what he said:D

Nürburgring info

Comment

So here's the latest update...

Dude that was going to do all my engine work has been a lazy ass and had my car for over a month. Not a thing has happened to it in that month, except for it collecting dust...:roll:

Sooooo.... I went and got my car today and I'm going to drop it of at Schäfer Clubsport.

These guys actually build alot of race cars. Here's some of their work:

I'm going to end up paying a bit more to have the work done, but at least it will get done and get done right.
            Last edited by Dirtboy; 01-21-2010, 11:10 AM.

Nürburgring info

Comment

Here’s an update for ya…

So I dropped the car off a Schäfer’s last Friday (Jan 22). This is after it was sitting at another garage for over a month collecting dust. I get a call today from Schäfer asking if I want to replace piston rings and bearings. I figure that they did a leak-down test and the results weren’t that good. Ok. So then I drive over there thinking the engine’s still in and they only have a few parts off. I walk into the bay and it looked like my car exploded! There’s parts everywhere and everything is off my car. This guy didn’t waste any time. He said he should have the suspension done this week (new bushings everywhere, re-painting everything). Then on to the engine and tranny. Then onto custom exhaust. This really brightened my day. Now we’re getting somewhere. I just hope the bad weather that’s coming up over the weekend doesn’t slow him down. Anyway, onto the pics (in no particular order…)

Last edited by Dirtboy; 01-27-2010, 09:50 AM.

Nürburgring info

Comment

wow, you weren't kidding when you said EVERYTHING is off your car. It looks like he just tore everything out and threw it in the corner. I would be worried about not getting everything back on the car!

Comment

Originally posted by Gnarles View Post
                  wow, you weren't kidding when you said EVERYTHING is off your car. It looks like he just tore everything out and threw it in the corner. I would be worried about not getting everything back on the car!
                  Naw, this guy knows his BMWs. His family used to own one of the dealerships around here and he's built a few BMW race cars. He's got another e30 in the shop for an engine swap.

Nürburgring info

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                    Naw, this guy knows his BMWs. His family used to own one of the dealerships around here and he's built a few BMW race cars. He's got another e30 in the shop for an engine swap.

You're right about the engine swap. That used to be my old car., now XpeX's car. Did you also see the 318is track car in the back? I only trust my 135i to him and alot of the Mflight guys get their work done thru him. Let me know when you swing by again and I could meet you there. I always go there for coffee.:)

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
                    :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Originally posted by elsabor67 View Post
                      You're right about the engine swap. That used to be my old car., now XpeX's car. Did you also see the 318is track car in the back? I only trust my 135i to him and alot of the Mflight guys get their work done thru him. Let me know when you swing by again and I could meet you there. I always go there for coffee.:)
                      Yeah, I checked out the track car. He's gonna do my exhaust something like what he did on the 318. I may stop by next week some time. But it will be after all this snow has passed through, I'm working like crazy because of it...

Nürburgring info

Comment

Another update...

Things are going pretty fast right now. But they're gonna slow down soon as I wait for more parts to come in the mail.

While they were tearing down the head to replace the valve seals, the mechanics saw that the valves were worn at the valve/rocker arm contact area. Worn pretty bad. So I'm ordering new valves, springs, etc. along with the piston rings and bearings.

The rear end is pretty much done, just some final touch ups to do. New bushings, bearings, cv boots, 4.10 LSD, sways, shocks/springs/mounts.

Remember that rusty azz heat shield... gone...

Getting rid of some rust in the engine bay.

Front subframe is all cleaned and painted. Same with the shock struts. New hub bearings, tie rods, control arms/bushings, sways, and of course new shocks/springs/mounts.

Just waiting on new spring perches to put the front end together.

The transmission is all cleaned up and ready to get new seals. No pics of that. So now I'm just waiting on engine parts. There's alot that can still be done while waiting on the mail though. Maybe another update next week.:D

Nürburgring info

Comment

Nice progress, Love the car.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

The car's at a stand-still again... waiting for engine parts to come in. Ordered rings, bearings, valves, valve springs, etc last week and got an email a few days ago saying the rings are on back order.

But I did get some rebuilt brake calipers. I'm in the process of painting them and the carriers.

I also dropped off the front seats to get them re-upholstered. Pics when I get them back. Hopefully next week.

Nürburgring info

Comment

Badass! Nice work.

Comment

Dayum nice build coming up. Keep us posted. Subscribed!!
                                sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X