fianlly...my 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fianlly...my 318is

Well as many of you probably remember I got a 318iS last January and spent about 6 months fixing it up. In August I was coming home from a soccer thing and I took my eyes off the road for a couple seconds and ended up going through a red light and getting hit by two cars. Everyone was ok but the car was totaled.
    Ever since then I have been looking for a red over black 318iS in the Portland area. I found basically nothing in any color that was in good condition. Well the other day I found this 318iS in the local classifieds for sale for 5000. I would have liked to get 3500 but I ended up getting it for 3950. It has 130000 miles but is in very good condition except for the paint, which has been keyed. It has $700 of new stuff on it and also 17” wheels and tires.

I think I’m gunna get the Dynomax muffler. Should I have them remove the first muffler thing too? I don’t want it too loud. I think I’ll also get some h&r sports with blistens, and some other wheels off ebay. Ones currently on it are for sale. I also think im gunna get the group buy chip if rob ever gives us feedback on how it is. (hint hint check the thread rob)

What intake would be nice? Im not looking for power but more for sound. There are cheap ass ones on Ebay.

It looks like it needs and oil change. What oil should I use? It doesn’t get below 32 degrees very often and it will be stored in a garage at night. Would synthetic be ok to try with 130000 miles? Also should I change the diff and tranny fluid? What should I put in those?

Very nice. Those aren't half-bad looking wheels.

Comment

i forgot to add, on the way home i found out it has a limited slip differential!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also one side of the seat back is broken, how can i fix this?

Comment

You need to look at the diff to see if it a LS. Or at least jack up the rear and spin the wheels. Just cause you did an uber-schweet burnout and both the wheels spun doesn't mean you have a LSD, it just means you tires couldn't get enough traction.

Comment

Sexy off-roader. Keep it clean.

Comment

is it really that high?

i will bet u it has a lsd. I did several low speed powerslides and i could never do that in my old 318

Comment

Yes, it's really that high...
              Luckily mine will no longer be a 4x4 soon... but mine isn't nearly that bad.

Comment

Drop it and put some meatier tires on them wheels, and you'll be golden. :)

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

very clean car,
                  drop it like its hawt tho....

Comment

Nice iS.

What color is the headliner?

Comment

tan damnit

Comment

Looks like a great platform to start with. :up:

Since I was bored, heres a quick p-shop sans 4x4 suspension. ;)

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                        '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                        '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                        SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

damn thanks for the nice pshop!

that pic was taken at night with a 30 second shutter

Comment

i checked the oil line and its actually above the line. Is is fine to drive ti like this for a few more days? and what oil should i get? maybe i will have to post my questions in the other section

Comment

Wow, that looks really good. I like those wheels, especially with the lowering.

Comment

Working...
                              X