Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-tech wing? mounted. Keep it black or body-color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-tech wing? mounted. Keep it black or body-color?

So got my hands on a M-tech wing? Is it that? There are so many different wings with small differences so I'm not sure what I've got!

So I snapped some pics, should I keep it black (I spray painted it) or is it worth getting it body-colored?

Also replaced my sparco wheel back to the wheel that came with the car, much more comfortable but I'd still like a wheel with around 350mm in diameter, my sparco wheel (333mm) was to small, does bmw make a wheel that size?

Gah I need a nice new shift boot too.

Body painted is always better. Mine is unpainted.

Comment

paint the insert body color.
      1993 325ic Schwarz/Natur
      1991 318is Black/Black - Slicktop - Project s52
      1989 Alpine White/Black M3 S52
      1988 Henna/Pearl M3 <3

Comment

body color.- def. body color
        that is the M tech I wing-- from the pre-facelift cars--the nicest of ALL!
        I currently have that same steering wheel in my Vert-- its just too thin for my liking.-- but nicer than a cheepo knock off pleather thing.
        M tech II wheel in the smaller size is PERFECT wheel for the E30!
        your car looks really nice. havent seen very many clean cars in the color of yours.-- your car is the "edition" model in Germany. the old guy that works at the parts counter has the same car as yours just an M40 4 door.
        edition models had- -- the "Is skirts", leatherette handbrake boot/matching shifter boot, and that style interior material.-- was BMWs way of "getting rid" of the last of any model-- they still do the same thing.--
        not sure if you knew that or wanted to?

Comment

Damn I knew I shouldn't have sold mine... Body color for sure.
          -Erik
          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

bod color and it looks fresh

Comment

I agree with Mike.. Body color wing and an 370mm Mtech II wheel, then your car is done!! It's amazing as it is now even.

Comment

I think it looks terrible! Ill pay for shipping to help dispose of it for ya. ;)

COTM

Comment

keep it black. looks good on your car.
                  M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Originally posted by She loved E View Post
                    +1

Would look great in body color too though...

Comment

It looks good in black too actually...

Body color for sure. MT1 wings either in e28 or e30 fitment look totally tits..

Comment

Very nice car! Super clean, my favorite Cirrus Blau e30 i've ever seen. Definitely paint it body color as keeping it black looks like you bought it and are too lazy to paint it so you just threw it on. Body color will set off your back end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                          Body painted is always better. Mine is unpainted.
                          Originally posted by dannyg View Post
                          paint the insert body color.
                          Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                          Damn I knew I shouldn't have sold mine... Body color for sure.
                          Yea I'll probably end up getting it body painted, will look more complete.

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                          body color.- def. body color
                          that is the M tech I wing-- from the pre-facelift cars--the nicest of ALL!
                          I currently have that same steering wheel in my Vert-- its just too thin for my liking.-- but nicer than a cheepo knock off pleather thing.
                          M tech II wheel in the smaller size is PERFECT wheel for the E30!
                          your car looks really nice. havent seen very many clean cars in the color of yours.-- your car is the "edition" model in Germany. the old guy that works at the parts counter has the same car as yours just an M40 4 door.
                          edition models had- -- the "Is skirts", leatherette handbrake boot/matching shifter boot, and that style interior material.-- was BMWs way of "getting rid" of the last of any model-- they still do the same thing.--
                          not sure if you knew that or wanted to?
                          Thank you! I was wondering why my e30 was a bit different stock from everyone elses, I knew it was some kind of special model... know I know what to call it :) too bad it didn't have the original blue leather shift boot, I must check with the dealership if they have any of those left.
                          Are there M-tech II wheels smaller than 370mm? RealOEM ID?

Originally posted by Paukert11 View Post
                          bod color and it looks fresh
                          Thanks!

Originally posted by dillsnick View Post
                          I agree with Mike.. Body color wing and an 370mm Mtech II wheel, then your car is done!! It's amazing as it is now even.
                          Thanks man, but 370mm is what I have know and it's kinda cumbersome, I'm looking at some Nardi wheels, anyone know if they fit on sparco hubs?

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                          I think it looks terrible! Ill pay for shipping to help dispose of it for ya. ;)
                          Suuure 500$ and it's yours lol. nah I have two "i" lips if you want, but I can imagine it's unworth it in shipping costs ;)

Originally posted by She loved E View Post
                          I think it looks kinda good too now, but I imagine it will be better in body color now that I think about it, also my spraying isn't 100% even so... :P

Originally posted by nickpdx View Post
                          +1

Would look great in body color too though...
                          Body color seems to be the way to go, to bad I'm broke right now... bah more on the to my e30 do list!

Btw this wing is really really heavy in comparison to the "i" wing, I removed my uneven truck lining to compensate, anyone got any tips how to get a "wavy" lining to straiten out, it seems to be made out of some kind thin wood like mdf... don't know what it's called over there.

Comment

car looks very nice, I'd paint the wing

Comment

I say paint at least the insert if not the whole thing. Rest of the car looks really good

Comment

Working...
                              X