• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice!!!
    1991 318IS

Comment

my 02

here's an old thread i started a while back, to give you some square tail light inspiration...

sigpic
      both these cars are gone :(

Comment

Been about a month since I got my 2002 so figured I would post an update. I started a garage semi-remodel pretty much the day after I bought this so it sat in the driveway for over 2 weeks before I could do anything on it. Since then I have...

Major cleaning on interior, still need to give the headliner a good scrub with a magic eraser.
        Replaced front seats with black flo-fits, rears with stock blue vinyl.
        Replaced front and rear door cards with excellent condition blue vinyl ones.
        Shampooed carpet and replaced vertical piece that had speaker holes in it.
        Relocated battery to the back.
        Removed decklid speakers and recovered decklid in black.
        Recovered all underdash panels in black.
        Removed AC and the AC console, replaced with a good condition stock console. Going to have it recovered professionally when I can find crack free dash.
        Removed stereo, never listened to a stereo in a 2002 before, don't plan on starting any time soon either.
        Installed a stock antenna because the hole was there and looks finished with it installed.
        Replaced all fuel lines in the car, after 3 fuel leaks on 3 separate occasions I decided it might be smart.
        Installed H4 Hella headlights with new plastic grills.
        Replaced old sun visors with fantastic condition replacements. Nice and thin, not puffed up like they always are.
        Windows and locks regreased and adjusted, feel like new!
        Front strut mount bar installed, have a full suspension upgrade to put on but I currently can not go any lower on the wheels and tires I have, need to figure that out at some point.
        Installed 320i sport steering wheel, I love this wheel. I have tried many others and this one is my favorite so far.
        Pressure washed the engine bay and cleaned up old wiring, I think I need to go at it again 1 more time with the pressure washer, though. Have access to a Hotsy at my father in law's shop but I'm scared it would eat away the poorly done respray.

I think that is it, just going off the top of my head while I watch some TV. No new pictures yet as I just purchased all the stuff to do an exterior detail. Might as well make the paint look as good as I can as it will be a couple years before I get it repainted. All the trim is good, just needs to be polished up. Anyone have recommendations on doing that?

So far it is my favorite 2002 I've had so far, drove the hell out of it on Thanksgiving morning with the rest of the family's 2002s. It had a hard time keeping up with their built motors. My brother in law said he saw my fly into the passenger seat from his rear view mirror every time we hit a corner, definitely need to figure out the suspension on this one.
        sigpic

Comment

Nice project. That thing looks cleeeean.

Comment

I was afraid you were gonna say you got an e36 M3 or something. ;-) 2002 is a great car I'm sure you will grow to love as much as your e30's.

Comment

Working...
            X