This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods locked the playing with M3 thread

Rob locked the playing with M3 video topic (i don't understand why) but its cool. There was a member who asked to see a picture of my show car so here it is....

That is my show car.

I bought the e30 M3 because its always been my dream car and I wanted a car to play around with and not dump to much money into......well doesn't look like thats going to work out as its going into the shop for a complete body restoration with lots of EVO parts very soon....just need to source out a few more parts.

This is my summer toy

And my girl has a 2002 BMW 330ci.

I wasn't taking critisism badly or anything in the post, just disagree with people stating that i'm a punk or anything because I beat the hell out of a car thats a classic. I totally agree that its not the safest thing in the world to do, however judging by the conditions:

very late night
    industrial area with almost no traffic
    driver went to rally school and knows how to handle a car (accidents happen, but knock on wood nothing has happend yet)

To those that liked the video, thanks. To those who didn't than I appologize and next time will put a warning in the thread stating it isn't meant for everyone. Anyways, thats enough ranting....hope everyone enjoys. And once again, any critisism is totally appreciated and won't be taken to heart. Just remember that if anyone says my car sux or is ugly, i totally have the right to question their reasoning for this and give my side of the story....definately won't put anyone down with it.

Thanks again ;)

that car is not my style, but to each their own

hell, I can't even tell what it is. i'm guessing 3kgt? i really like those cars with just a drop, some wheels, and maybe lip skirt kit. what motor (tt) mods does it have?

and you're nuts doing a wheelie without gear. I lost so many friends this year I sold my r6, and you're out there doing wheelies in a t shirt

ah well, i guess it's just natural selection
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
      that car is not my style, but to each their own

hell, I can't even tell what it is. i'm guessing 3kgt? i really like those cars with just a drop, some wheels, and maybe lip skirt kit. what motor (tt) mods does it have?

and you're nuts doing a wheelie without gear. I lost so many friends this year I sold my r6, and you're out there doing wheelies in a t shirt

ah well, i guess it's just natural selection
      It is a 3000gt. That picture was taken last year at a car show. The car is a DOHC SL model. The car is acctually sitting now and is getting its interior completely done. Also it is going to get a VR4 motor dropped into it. Hoping to have this all done for Tuner Bash.

As for the wheelie, yeah it wasn't very smart but i've been riding for a long time and am pretty confident on a bike. Like I said though, accidents happen and I too have lost friends to bike accidents......how's that saying go though.....before you can be old wise you have to first be young and stupid.

Comment

Why are "show" cars ugly?
        Amber Fire Pearlcoat 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T
        Schwarz 1991 BMW 535i [Daily Driver]
        Dark Currant Pearl 1996 Acura Integra GS-R [For Sale]
        Orientblau Metallic 1994 BMW 740i [Sold]
        Alpinweiss 1987 BMW 325iS [Junked]

Comment

Originally posted by slvre30m3
          The car is a DOHC SL model. The car is acctually sitting now and is getting its interior completely done. Also it is going to get a VR4 motor dropped into it.
          You're going to put a VR4 motor in an SL?

Good luck having traction. :up:

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by 87 325iS
            Why are "show" cars ugly?
            well thats totally up to the person looking at it. I mean u might think its ugly cuz its not ur thing, maybe u like the euro look, maybe u like a jdm look, maybe u don't like to see custom fabrication.....

I think that with show one has to think about the time that has been put into the car and the creativity behind it. You might think that lambo doors on a 3000gt is stupid...but when the judge hears that the kit was made for a honda civic and that I acctually speant my time modifying the hinge to work with the 3000gt they step back for a minute and say hey, this is dedication.......

lets take Jordan's car for instance. Looks clean and simple......but if you talk to him about all the time he speant fabricating this, designing a way to fit that, trying to make this work, thats what sets it apart from other cars. That is what makes it a show car.

And to each its own, you might think its ugly, luckily you're not a judge at the car shows i go to, or maketting president at a company that i'm sponsored by, or a magazine editor for a magazine my car is in......to each his own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
              The car is a DOHC SL model. The car is acctually sitting now and is getting its interior completely done. Also it is going to get a VR4 motor dropped into it.
              You're going to put a VR4 motor in an SL?

Good luck having traction. :up:
              Traction will always be a problem with any high horsepower car. Will it be a slow car because it doesn't get traction? Absolutely not.

Check this out:

That's Ty from Speedfactor's car. He is the owner of the company and owns a quick 3000gt. In fact, last I heard it was running 11s with hopes of getting into the 10s very very very soon. It's also a front wheel drive twin turbo. 315hp stock on a front wheel drive will definately burn a lot of rubber....but u don't have to be punching it all the time...it'll be streetable, definately not worried about that

Comment

riding with a tshirt ROCKS! especially pulling chunks of asphalt out of your skin.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd
                  riding with a tshirt ROCKS! especially pulling chunks of asphalt out of your skin.
                  the people at the hospital do that

Comment

you're other thread was a cesspool, and no longer needed to be active.

Honestly can't say this one is going any better....'stunna' and 'squid' both come to mind, I guess we'll see.
                    BEERTECH

Comment

If anyone even bothers to take you in.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                        you're other thread was a cesspool, and no longer needed to be active.

Honestly can't say this one is going any better....'stunna' and 'squid' both come to mind, I guess we'll see.
                        sounds good to me. Its a shame that you categorize things like that. I mean i'd think a forum would want as many knowledgeable people as possible. I've been owning e30s since i was 17, i'm now 24. I'm sure that my 7 years of knowledge have to be worth something.

I'm not looking for pats on the back, or hey great jobs. People ask questions and I answer, far from disrepectful and would definately not sit here and disrespect you or any of the members of this forum.

I guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                          If anyone even bothers to take you in.
                          why wouldn't they?

Comment

might be intimidated by your vast knowledge? just a guess...
                            BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                              might be intimidated by your vast knowledge? just a guess...
                              you probably won't but maybe, just maybe there might be that one thing i know that you don't.........who knos right?

Comment

Working...
                              X