Got the skirts on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the skirts on

Just a pic of the IS skirts painted and installed and I am so glad that i did not go with the taurus skirts, thanks KILAWIN :)
    Attached Files
    1991 318IS

Looks great! IMHO, the skirts make 4-doors look "right". Without skirts, the 4-doors tend to look elongated compared to the coupes.
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

Comment

That looks amazing. Well done!

COTM

Comment

NOICE!!!!
        Mine are still leaning against the wall. How did you mount them?

Drive your ass down here and help me!!!

Comment

Looks great. Seeing it now I would continue with what you had planned for it. ;)

other plan is a good one too, since you already have the touring. hmmm decisions decisions
          Last edited by Kilawin; 12-29-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

nice.
            i was going to try and get a rep. mtech II kit for my 318...but the 505 got hit, so that has been postponed :(
            nothing like fresh ds, eh??

car looks great.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Looking good..
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

looks great! how did you mount them?
                stephenbrody.com

Comment

fuck yeah
                  -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

how much did they cost after paint if you dont mind telling?

Comment

I love it, they look great, and like robrez said, they really finish a four door. Can't wait to mount mine.

A few questions: A) Any tips or tricks to mounting them? I know the gist of it, just looking for any pointers. B) Once they are mounted, how easy is it to remove them? I am planning on mounting them first, then getting them body matched as to not fuck up my paint mounting them. C) Like Omar asked, how much did it run you to paint them?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks to all of the compliments
                        @robrez: yes. the skirts make a big difference in the appearance of the sedan

@Kilawin: still contemplating on what to do...ARGH!

@everyone else:
                        1) got the skirts from ZM Bluedevil for $200 shipped, with ALL mounting tabs (excellent condition)
                        2) installed by using 3m auto body tape and cutting off the mounting tabs. i did not want to put any holes on the car. only holes drilled/mounted was at the inner fender area. its amazing how strong it holds!!!
                        3) amount to paint $200, sanded, filled where some areas needed filling (not too much at all), flexed primered and painted/cleared.
                        Attached Files
                        1991 318IS

Comment

Originally posted by bmwsone01 View Post
                          Thanks to all of the compliments
                          @robrez: yes. the skirts make a big difference in the appearance of the sedan

@Kilawin: still contemplating on what to do...ARGH!

@everyone else:
                          1) got the skirts from ZM Bluedevil for $200 shipped, with ALL mounting tabs (excellent condition)
                          2) installed by using 3m auto body tape and cutting off the mounting tabs. i did not want to put any holes on the car. only holes drilled/mounted was at the inner fender area. its amazing how strong it holds!!!
                          3) amount to paint $200, sanded, filled where some areas needed filling (not too much at all), flexed primered and painted/cleared.
                          What do you mean you cut off the mounting tabs?
                          [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                          Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

On the inside of the skirts there are receptacles for the hardware.

My question then is what 3M did you use, where did you apply it and do you think it will stand up against the elements?

In FL it has a tendency to flood streets. Not sure the 3m will hold.

Comment

I hate 4 doors, but your car looks great! Good job :up:

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                              X