winter pics..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winter pics..

finally got some snow! the drive home this morning was a bit hairy because of the high winds (whiteout conditions) but I still managed to pass every SUV on the freeway ;)

sorry for the poor quality, it's very windy outside and snow kept blowing into my lense. even my tripod couldn't save some of them, I took like 15 and only a few turned out. :(

BTW, snow tires make all the difference in the world.. last year I got caught with my pants down and had to drive for 2 weeks on a sheet of ice with ES100s. my main concern was stopping (impossible with ES100s), with snow tires it's no problem!
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

nice shots! we need some snow down in oregon now...
    PNW Crew
    90 m3
    06 m5

Comment

yeah snow tires are key even on an ix, i slid off the road with my 17's on a few years ago. I was crawling too, but with the blizzaks on my car does far better than our four runner, in fact my lowered ix went through snow that our four runner got stuck in. Amazing. I have some nice snow pics, but they aren't digital. Nice pics.

what happened to the is lip? is it off for winter?

Comment

I'm snowing here in Vancouver too, I'll snap some pics after work...

M

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcDave
          what happened to the is lip? is it off for winter?
          I traded it to TJ for some headers.. waiting on my rieger lip from greg. I would have taken it off for winter anyway, what do you guys think of the painted i lip?
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Looks good.

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
            R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
            "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
            My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3
              nice shots! we need some snow down in oregon now...
              NO! The ice last year sucked. Keep the snow in the mountains and the valley floor dry. My car doesn't leave the driveway if there's any ice or snow.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Here's a couple winter pics of my cabrio. Vancouver actually got a decent amount of snow the past couple days :D It's very icey under the snow, I actually got stuck today in a empty parking lot, lucky a nice couple pushed me out.

Comment

haha, just had a humbling experience.. my car rocks in the snow but when you get high centered on a 3' deep snow drift there's not much you can do.. thankfully a nice guy in a huge ass 4x4 farm truck came and helped me ;)

no harm, no foul, although I nearly lost my i lip.. oh no!

and mike I can't believe you'd drive such a beautiful car in the snow! nice pics though :)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

So, do the cars feel TURBOCHARGED with all that cold air induction?! :)
                    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Wow... I don't know how you guys drive in that shite...

I've never actually seen snow in my entire life. Yay for crappy Australia where the sun is always out and the ladies are always wandering around in bikinis :P

Comment

Originally posted by sovann

I've never actually seen snow in my entire life. Yay for crappy Australia where the sun is always out and the ladies are always wandering around in bikinis :P
                        I saw a picture one time in a book when I was a kid of a guy in a Santa Claus suit walking around on the beach in Australia handing out presents. Fucks me up to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
                          I saw a picture one time in a book when I was a kid of a guy in a Santa Claus suit walking around on the beach in Australia handing out presents. Fucks me up to this day.
                          There was a Santa on the beach in Jamaica when I was there last week giving out presents. :P

Comment

Yeah getting stuck isn't much fun, lucky for you and I we had some help when we needed it. I don't drive much in the snow, but I ccouldn't resist taking her out for a few slides :P Plus I wanted to see how the car handled with the new LSD.
                            I wish I had a chance to drive my previous 89 ix in the snow, I bet those cars are pretty capable.
                            ttyl
                            M

Originally posted by nando
                            haha, just had a humbling experience.. my car rocks in the snow but when you get high centered on a 3' deep snow drift there's not much you can do.. thankfully a nice guy in a huge ass 4x4 farm truck came and helped me ;)

no harm, no foul, although I nearly lost my i lip.. oh no!

and mike I can't believe you'd drive such a beautiful car in the snow! nice pics though :)

Comment

Originally posted by sovann

Doesnt New Zeland get snow?

Aaron
                              2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X