S52 swap underway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 swap underway!

So after I was all set to go on my m30b35 swap a wrecked 95 M3 showed up on craigslist. I sold the m30 and a few sets of wheels to buy the car which was already a great deal. When i got it home and did some investigating turns out the M3 had been S52 swapped and converted back to OBDI. Score! looks like it was done proper too, this car was somebody baby but the guy i bought it from knew nothing about it. I ran the vin off the trans at the dealer and it was from a technoviolet on dove 98 M3 coupe. I would have posted this in the project forum but i am terrible at taking pictures while im working. here is a few to get the drift.

The car receiving the goods:

The donor car:

And a little bit of progress:

I had to take most of the cars outta the shop to unbury the white one but i feel like i will have it done for the picnic! i will keep this updated.

1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
    2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
    2003 X5 3.0

first pic is actually an awesome picture. Its totally desktop worthy.

Comment

dang that douche was running those wheels on a dakar m3? hahah Good save.

Comment

subscribed :)

Nice work Mac!

Comment

Noice!

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Seriously one of my favorite E30's, I love that first picture.
            sigpic

Comment

I remember seeing the donor car Pre-Wreck FS on Craigslist. Amazing what happens when a douche bag buys a car he can't handle...
              Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                I remember seeing the donor car Pre-Wreck FS on Craigslist. Amazing what happens when a douche bag buys a car he can't handle...
                Where was it for sale? in Washington? i would love more info on the swap/build from the previous previous owner. there is a rebuild plug in the head plus some engraved notes of which the only thing i can make out is 10-10-06. I am hoping for nice set of cams or something else lurking in there.
                2003 X5 3.0

Comment

Yup. It was listed as "Seattle" for the location. Was probably a bit north. Was a fairly good deal as was. I remember the car from the add (wheels and Dakar) but also that he mentioned recent engine work. Had no idea it had been swapped though.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                    Yup. It was listed as "Seattle" for the location. Was probably a bit north. Was a fairly good deal as was. I remember the car from the add (wheels and Dakar) but also that he mentioned recent engine work. Had no idea it had been swapped though.
                    The guy i bought it from had no idea it had been swapped, maybe neither did the guy before him. "the car pulls harder than other M3s i've driven, must be the dinan chip" -guy i bought it from.
                    2003 X5 3.0

Comment

So I had some parts listed on clist from this car and i got a call from the previous owner this morning. his brother found my ad and called him late last night. evidently he blew up the previous engine then built this one to drop in. He spoke with a bit of an accent but this is what i gathered "that shit is fast man, my uncle came from germany with a bunch of parts for it" "search youtube, i beat my brother everytime, that engine is fast man"

1995 m3 vs1998 m3 street racing fast yellow m3

Sure enough, looks like it pulls plenty hard. cant wait to drop it in the e30!
                      2003 X5 3.0

Comment

ull be needing new tires everyweek after that swap is done ha!jk but thatll be a blst cant wait to see it.

Comment

A little more progress...

2003 X5 3.0

Comment

Ahhhh It looks like you've already made progress since I saw it on Friday!
                            -Nick
                            Originally posted by 87e30
                            First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Mac... I'm going to want a ride when you're done. You're coming to the Picnic, yeah??
                              Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X