13th BMW but 1st E30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13th BMW but 1st E30!

I missed driving manual way too much so I had to find myself a cheap/fun car and this is what I ended up with! I wasn't really looking but went by my mechanic's shop to talk to him about the wagon and mentioned I was kinda looking for an E30 and he immediately said "I have the car for you" and he gave me the guys number and it turned out to be an old teacher of mine haha. I definitely wanted an IS coupe but I got this for such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. It's a two owner car and has always been babied, my mechanic personally worked on it most of it's life so I know the history really well. The paint is def 20 years old, it looks good but it is fading in spots and it has 2 dents on the front and back but who cares, I am not out to win the concourse with this thing. The great thing about it is the interior! It is in such good shape it's crazy, it looks like no one has used the car, no cracks or waves in the dash, no rips in any of the seats, etc. The shift boot and shift knob are worn but that's an easy fix. I took out the head unit that was in there and am putting in the one from the wagon later this week. I am def stoked that everything works in this car like the AC, heater, cruise control, windows, etc. It does need a timing belt ASAP so it'll be getting new belts and water pump before I really drive it much more.

1990 Bronzit 325i
    5-speed Manual

Price? Lets just say I got it for a STEAL ;)

God's chariot indeed

I wanted black interior but 90% of the BMW's I have owned have had tan...

wow clean car

Comment

Nice, i wish i am in calli, i would have like 15 e30s sitting in my driveway.
      Originally posted by e30e
      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

man i wish my e30 was still that clean.
        -Paolo
        1986 325e RIP.
        1989 525i
        1986 635CSI

Comment

looks really clean
          1988 325ic Zinnoberrot

So Handsome

Comment

Looks like a good start.
            sigpic

Comment

rediculous. oh, and the backlit one.. good photo

Comment

Lovin it...

Bronzit four-door with beige comfort interior; its the epitome of 80's paradyme-shifting yuppyness!

...and yet totaly awesome!

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Lucky are we!? Three-Twenty-Fissel, APPROVED!!

Simplicity is your best option!

Comment

Found out last night it has bilsteins, a friend and I were checking it out and noticed yellow and blue struts :D

My plan so far is: IS lip, shadowline trim, H&R Race (or other, tell me if I should get a different brand) and wheels. This is just going to be my fun little weekend/auto-x/track car. Nothing to crazy, and I think I might just keep my wagon as a DD/photo equipment hauler.
                    ________

Comment

Originally posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
                      Found out last night it has bilsteins, a friend and I were checking it out and noticed yellow and blue struts :D

My plan so far is: IS lip, shadowline trim, H&R Race (or other, tell me if I should get a different brand) and wheels. This is just going to be my fun little weekend/auto-x/track car. Nothing to crazy, and I think I might just keep my wagon as a DD/photo equipment hauler.
                      ________
                      That's what everyone says... ;)

-Kyle

Comment

Your car is boring as hell, man...bone stock '90 4 door 325i...I mean, there are thousands of these things! You are in SB, right? I bet you have seen 10,000 of these in this color alone. I think you might be surprised how little effort it takes to make a nice car out of what you have there.

Yours looks to be a pretty clean example, so I would say great score!

You said you always seem to end up with a tan interior. Dude, swap that interior to black! This, my man, is the beauty of E30s. They are a canvas, and R3V is your palette...all you need are a few wrenches to use as a brush.

I would suggest you swap the headlights out ASAP. 35W HIDs in US spec ellipsoid housings are a terrific compromise in lighting: great looks, great pattern and cost effective.

Change around a few pieces, find a flawless hood and fender (remember that 10,000? 1/3rd of them are in a junkyard somewhere) and stay on top of the maintenance.

GL and welcome to R3V.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

It's definitely boring, I really didn't want bronzit and this is my FIRST 4-door 3 series I have ever owned....This was in such good condition and for the price I just had to get it. The thing that sucks was I just had a full set of HELLA smilies for my E34 and sold them like a month ago because I didn't want to put them in the E34 :( If I were to change the interior I would just get recaro's or something, I hate the sport E30 interiors.

How much are US Ellipsoids usually? I paid $110 shipped for my Hella's which was a good deal IMO.

Comment

I will also need help on mods for these things, I've always been an E36 person and really don't know much about the E30....I've owned many BMW's and am not an elitist per-say but I am very much an OEM + person. I don't like the stupid stance or all blacked out shit....I wouldn't mind smoking the signals on the bumper or something but I prefer amber, hell I went out of my way to put ambers on my E46 M3....

Comment

Haha, welcome to r3v dude. We're accumulating even more bronzits in SB... if you ever need a hand with anything let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X