No announcement yet.

Making progress hehe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couldn't find a header for a decent price, I'm still on the lookout. I will most likely hav ea local shop make an exhaust for me (they use pie cuts so its cheaper than mandrel bends but flows similar, not crappy like crush bends).
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
      do you know what you're doing?
      or are you just piecing together what everyone says is cool?
      im not sure i understand the question. The dome shape of the combustion chamber of the 2.5 would necessitate different pistons to yield a desirable compression ratio when used with the 2.7 block. I got custom pistons, that have a bit of a dome to them, with valve relief notches. The company I got the pistons from told me they were to be used in accordance with m20b25 rods, as they are a few millimeters shorter than b27 rods and are what is needed when using those pistons.
      I had a machine shop do all the work to the head. I am replacing all the seals, gaskets, bearings, etc.
      smt6 will be dyno tuned by a local shop
      i have a bentley for all torque specs etc
      the only thing i hadn't covered is that I didn't have a load levelizer. I will purchase one before putting the motor back in, I'm sure.
      I purchased a complete m20b25 to ensure I had everything necessary for the swap.

I'm having another shop assemble the block, and he will check for valve clearances etc before I put the motor together.

i would have prepared a powerpoint presentation to please you forum members, but unfortunately i am in school full time and work a lot, so maybe next week

edit: I'll try to get some pics of my dads 240z, we did the motor for that last summer, in a clean garage. maybe that would please you. oh, and I have pics of me disassembling the motor of my other 240z and stripping the rest of it, also done in a clean garage. Oh, and I may have a pic of that garage before the leaves wer eblown in it, I'll try to post those too.

maybe I should install a tile floor in there while I'm at it. and I guess I just shouldn't use that propane heater, I should just do it in the cold.
      Would you like me to install halogen lights in the garage, too? how about a surround sound stereo?

I was just posting a couple funny pics of my car, next time I'll have that powerpoint for all you highschoolers (no offense to the knowledgable mature bmw owners on here, there are many and I appreciate your help).
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

note what parts I bolded.

my point was with an SMT-6, you have no need for a big 6 AFM. The AFM is a huge bottleneck, and basically makes the entire engine build worthless.

You should know that.

Buy an MAF off e-bay. Make sure it has proper voltage output. Also, get a Variable TPS switch. Cheap off ebay, under $20. No, I wont tell you which one to buy.

as to your garage-
        fuck it dude, having a garage is 100x better than working in a driveway. I have a full shop, and I'm spoiled in that respect. I give credit to those who do their work with 'adequate tools and facilities'. Get off you fuckin piss-ing wagon of pity. Nobody slammed your garage, they just commented on its appearance. chill, drop the vendetta bro.
        maybe I should install a tile floor in there while I'm at it. and I guess I just shouldn't use that propane heater, I should just do it in the cold.
        Would you like me to install halogen lights in the garage, too? how about a surround sound stereo?
        Yes you should. I have them in my 'garage'. Along with multiple lifts, and air tools. :roll:

But, I am with Aaron... based on my personality, trying to do the work in a messy space makes me go insane.
        Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_silva
          Chris, fucking read..."some of us aren't rich bmw owners, whose parents only drive bmw's, whose grandparents only drove bmw's."

-Aaron
          E-thug
          Yea good call.
          I'm a rich BMW owner... thats why I drive a 17+ year old BMW.
          And yes, Daddy & Mommy drive BMW's... we own a shop, wtf would you expect. :roll:

Oh, and my granparents, they drive mercedes... maybe I should go slit my wrists for being such a spoiled little bastard and being over priveledged. :roll:
          Below the radar...

Comment

I was going to have a custom chip burned, but decided 2 weeks ago to get an smt6, and got it last week.

and sorry I got defensive, but i was just trying to post some funny pics of my car, didn't need to get flamed on

i mean comeon, what kind of reponse did you (aaron more specifically) expect to ellicit with that response? I mean comeon, am I to believe that was a nice, not rude comment? "obviously, you don't mind" sounds a bit snooty to me

Comment

I've got an MAF if you want it. I was gonna do the conversion but then decided to go in a different direction. PM me if you want it.

Comment

In before lock.

My comment about the heater was one made in jest. I totally see this thing getting shut the fuck down.

Your work space is a hell of a lot better than mine. Roomiedale21 and I have been trying for the past couple of days to remove the federal bumpers from his E30 in the rain in our apartments parking lot. I would be glad to have a leaf covered garage with a space heater near a box of oily rags and gas cans. Danger is, after all, my middle name.

Comment

My brothers 2.8L, high-compression M20B25 and 4.10 rearend whaled, probably a 210-220hp motor....still used the 535 afm...

Comment

Just a comment. Doesnt go much deeper than that. Make of it what you want. Keep in mind...it is just an internet forum.

Aaron
                    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                    X