E30 Newb! My first BMW ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clint-o-matic View Post
    I may look into a different suspension set-up. This one isn't as harsh of a ride as I've encountered before, but a little bouncy for a daily.
    Switch to 350/450 springs and turn the stiffness in the front down. I'm running a similar setup on my daily and the ride is perfect. It will be a ton cheaper just to swap springs. You can soften the front shocks now and it will be tremendously different.

Nice car. Enjoy your RWD. You honestly won't go back.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely look into that. I didn't really notice the difference in RWD until a few days of driving it. I took a wide left turn (perhaps a little fast) and the back started to swing out. Involuntary drifting if you will. :)

Comment

nice pick up buddy! Don't go boost.

Comment

Great deal for what you payed. It looks like it needs very little at all.

Comment

I would NOT recommend going lower spring rates than what you have. I ran 375/475 and I hated it. I actually wanted to bump up to the springs you have now. I guess it's all a matter of opinion but I was also super low so I needed the stiffer spring rates.
            -Erik
            '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
            I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

brembo
              Josh

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159843

Comment

looks super clean. good find

-'87 325 - ratbox swap http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...77#post3250277 << Check out my Wanted thread

Comment

Working...
                X