No announcement yet.

Waxed my car! oh and ...pinstripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best overall looking e30 i have seen, just needs a ss exhaust to be perfect, imo, and no pinstripes.
    Last edited by tomkate28; 06-01-2010, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Do not want!
      Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

I say run the stipes on the ridged part of the M-tec kit and see how it would look. Alternatively, Alpina striping would be awesome :)
        Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
        Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
        Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
        Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

I think they look sweet. Grille or no grille. Great early car

Comment

loose the grill and the tail. sides are win

Comment

the colors look really nice, but i think the stripe itself should be up above the bodyline a bit higher.
              8380 Laboratories
              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

^ Funny. I'm the exact opposite. Location is perfect, colors don't look right.

Comment

:o
                  sigpic

Comment

love them, not on the grills though, kinda looks odd there but all around it looks sweet.

Comment

Do want! Leave it as is except for the grills which you already got rid of. It looks tight and makes it that much more retro.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                        stripes are to car styling as HDR is to photography
                        fixed
                        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                          It looks tight and makes it that much more retro.

I agree, and if that is what you're going for then I say leave it. Did all e30s have pinstripes stock? Because now that I think about it I don't see many people with pinstriping on here, unless I'm not looking at the right cars.
                          West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                          ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Thanks alot guys, apreciate the feedback, I'm going to try it without the trunk in a couple days. I kind of like where it is now sans grill stripes!
                            Originally posted by fryerfighter94 View Post
                            I like this. Full Alpina scheme?
                            Cheers, I'd thought about it, I love the OE alpina stripes, I think some silver ones would look sick on my car, but i figured would that be any different to putting a big M POWER sticker on my car..?

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
                            I say run the stipes on the ridged part of the M-tec kit and see how it would look. Alternatively, Alpina striping would be awesome :)
                            I'd actually thought of this too, The 3mm tape fits in the grooves perfectly, but I only have green and black in 3mm. Maybe I'll try and get some blue. Not sure how it would look, but I might give it a try just on the front or something..

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                            stripes are to car styling as HDR is to photography
                            An insult? Played out? over the top? Awesome? Different? I'm not familiar with HDR's reputation in the photography world..

Originally posted by NeoMishMoo View Post
                            I agree, and if that is what you're going for then I say leave it. Did all e30s have pinstripes stock? Because now that I think about it I don't see many people with pinstriping on here, unless I'm not looking at the right cars.
                            Definitley the look im going for. I love how 80's retro the e30 can be :D
                            Pinstripes were an option on stock e30's, not every car had them, and most of those that did have probably been removed. The few pinstripes you do see around are usually peeling or fading away.

R.H.D
                            M-technic I club

Comment

looks good, but maybe sides only would look better.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Sick car man that car is gorgeous, not liking the stripe's on the grills but the car is gangster great great job.
                                www.CASTROMOTORSPORT.com

Castro Motorsport
                                12600 Sherman Way, Unit C
                                North Hollywood, CA 91605
                                818-765-3606

Follow Castro's on Facebook:
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Castro...02411516506828

Follow Castro's on Instagram:
                                http://instagram.com/castromotorsport#

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X