more of the M please.
        88 M3 Diamantschwarz
        89 M3 Zinnoberrot
        56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
        www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseN View Post
          You work in a shop that restores early 911's?

Stop living what my life is supposed to be, thief.
          We get into some work like that. We'll take anything apart and put it back together. Honestly, I'd prefer to call it more of a 'refresh' than a 'restore' although most just call it restoration. If the bodies came off I'd call it restoration. They'd come off if they needed to though. The cars are usually pretty solid. We pull the suspensions and engines down out of the car, freshen everything there, remove and replace rotted sections if they exist (not common on most cars here in the South). Stuff like that. I've replaced the entire interior on the last 2/3 cars I've done. The engine's get any attention that they need, although the engines in the cars we've seen for the past few years have been the strong point of the cars. I do most of the refresh/resto work because of my background in paint/body work (best reason I can think of..). Dad has a body shop where I did big commercial trucks (Mack, Peterbilt, etc.) for a few years before switching over to the mechanical aspect of the business.

I'll be at the shop shortly and I'll get a few more pictures of the car then. Trust me, it get's less exciting when you see the whole car. It's got no engine and zero suspension. Plus a right front frame rail that needs attention. Then again, you can't pick up an M3 in decent shape in my price range. . Especially one that I could justify cutting up and hot-rodding like I can do with this one. It's getting a Z3M rear suspension with an E36 M3 front end (when those components arrive). The engine of course will be the S54 and I'm not sure about the interior. It was described as an 'ex race car' but it was really just someone's DE car. They wrecked it on the track, so fortunately the title is clear. I was expecting a gutted car that I would have to put a cage in, but it still has a perfect headliner, carpet, rear parcel shelf, and speakers-- more than I was expecting for the interior. I've just got to get it rolling today on something other than a dolley. I've got to get my '87 euro car back on the road before turning my attention to this car.
          Last edited by rThor432; 06-26-2010, 04:17 AM.

Comment

good luck. curious to see the process of putting an s54 in.

Comment

Me want M. Me want S54.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                Me want M. Me want S54.
                Me will have both! :p

Nice pick-up Ryan! Looks like we can both be elitist pricks now!
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i love brown

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                    Nice pick-up Ryan! Looks like we can both be elitist pricks now!
                    Haha thanks. That's the whole point, right? What are all of those Cavalier driving guys who picked on me in high school and made me insecure when they see me roll up in this puppy?

A: Damn that thing is old.

Comment

Nice e30, it might just be the pic, but I think the rear quarter looks to be pushed out a bit...
                      -Will

1987 325is, 1989 325i, 1997 318i
                      Parts for Sale

Comment

Yep, it's got fan-boi flares on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X