Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nairb
    replied
    One of my original valves broke in my original m42.

My plan is now to pull the original M42, build it into a 2.0-2.1 stroker over time. Since I don't have the time or money to do this right now, and I desperately want to drive my e30 (it was my daily), I decided to drop an m42 in for the time being.

So, I picked this up yesterday. After months of looking, ~150k m42, newer hoses and seals, new Sachs clutch, new AC condenser, new alternator, Mark D 93 chip, new m42 motor mounts, new thermostat/water pump.

Going to be a fun couple of weeks cleaning it up before I drop it in. I've also got some other little goodies for the car, which I will be posting over the next few weeks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nairb
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevs87-325is View Post
    now that's a car, extremely clean man!
    Thanks!

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
    where in FL are you, you know our cars are kind of similar, be cool to see another DS - 91 - 318IS in person!
    I'm in Sarasota. I do go to Orlando when I'm in town for shows and whatnot, but I don't get over there too often. I'd love to see another DS 318is.

Some more pics that I took a while back, just never got around to posting them. I love the DS, it is dynamic in many light settings.

Leave a comment:

• keefy6
    replied
    where in FL are you, you know our cars are kind of similar, be cool to see another DS - 91 - 318IS in person!

Leave a comment:

• Kevs87-325is
    replied
    now that's a car, extremely clean man!

Leave a comment:

• Nairb
    replied
    Ok, this is back on.. it's been far too long.

Looking for some new wheels. I am thinking ESM 002, similar to BBS RS. Any other suggestions for wheels?

How it sits now:

Detailed the dash and console yesterday:

Also on my to-do list is some maintenance and mods:
    New wheels and tires
    New antenna rubber
    M-Tech 2 370mm steering wheel
    Possibly new axles
    Looking into the possibility of getting a new headliner installed. Anyone have any experience with this?

Leave a comment:

• Nairb
    replied
    Some more recent pics.

First is when I was getting it towed to a mechanic because I was just pissed at it.

Two are the newest, car is driving great and is back to it's awesomeness. Sans BBS. :(
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nairb
    replied
    Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
    Well, now I see why you're ok with letting the S52 car go. This thing is beautiful as well. Nice collection!
    Thanks man, yeah it's going to be great all over again!

Originally posted by CSLChandler08 View Post
    I'll drive it to you.
    Nice bike, but I've already got one. :]

Originally posted by randomsv650 View Post
    sweet! love the car man. i hated my tan interior at first but it's really grown on me :up:
    I'm still looking forward to getting rid of it though.

Originally posted by thirdlobe View Post
    nice car man - I really like what you did with the Volvo fan.
    Thanks. The fan is very very nice to have. Very reliable, quiet, and more than adequate. I was just looking at your car, very clean start!

Leave a comment:

• thirdlobe
    replied
    nice car man - I really like what you did with the Volvo fan.

Leave a comment:

• randomsv650
    replied
    sweet! love the car man. i hated my tan interior at first but it's really grown on me :up:

Leave a comment:

• CSLChandler08
    replied
    Possible trade for bike?

I'll drive it to you.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lof8
    replied
    Well, now I see why you're ok with letting the S52 car go. This thing is beautiful as well. Nice collection!

Leave a comment:

• Paukert11
    replied
    nice

Leave a comment:

• epeeps 904
    replied
    very nice e30. is this why your selling the red one???

Leave a comment:

• danielmp
    replied
    Great looking car. My first e30 was a diamond-schwarz 318is but the paint was completely oxidized and awful looking. If mine had looked like yours I'd probably still be driving it to this day. Keep up the nice work.

Leave a comment:

• keefy6
    replied
    Originally posted by Nairb View Post
    Yes they are OEM. I got them from BavAuto about.. a year ago? I think I paid around $150 for all for. The prices may have changed since then, but sometimes they pop-up on the forum for much less.

I would like to add that these are some serious flaps. Serious heavy duty rubber and mounts.
    i like the way they look and +1 for function

Leave a comment:

Working...
X